1/48 scale Tamiya Mosquito Mk VI

Took nearly 5 months to build the Tamiya 1/48 scale Mosquito Mk VI that was molded way back in 1996, yet the kit is the equal of, or even surpasses many of today's current offerings.
I opted to use the following AM parts:

• Aires Mosquito FB Mk.VI / NF Mk.II cockpit set, which I ended up combining with the kit cockpit.
  • Ultracast De Havilland Mosquito Tail Wheel Assembly
  • Eduard Mask - Mosquito FB Mk VI/NF Mk II.
  • Ultracast De Havilland Mosquito Flame Dampening Exhaust Shrouds.
  • Ultracast De Havilland Mosquito Standard Wheels (Block Tread). The sidewall detailing is just incredible.
  • Ultracast De Havilland Mosquito Control Surfaces.
  • Master De Havilland Mosquito NF Mk. II / FB Mk. VI Pitot Tube & Armament Set (Browning .303 barrels and Hispano 20mm barrel tips).
  •  
  • I scratch built several details in the cockpit such as an oscilloscope, and the correctly shaped armour plate for the nav/bomberdier including the see through portal. The landing gear door assembly was scratched built, details added to the wing tanks from sheet plastic and steel wire. As I previously mentioned, the cockpit ended up being a combination of the kit and Aeries cockpits.

I opted to use the Aviaeology RCAF Mosquitoes decal sheet #1 for the Canadians in fighter Command, and depicted "Amigo Panchito" TH-V SN976 of the 418 Squadron. As usual their decals are absolutely perfect in every respect, and the amount of detailing and historical information way exceeds what one would find on a decal sheet.

Joel

YMJuxM.jpg

RaxnhE.jpg

L3zjQD.jpg

ZXL8qy.jpg

g1weCn.jpg

04H2zS.jpg

TiGCyu.jpg

5xyWRp.jpg

p5Ygqy.jpg

szLxwU.jpg

Joel

49 minutes ago, Aigore said:

The Mosquito is really sleak and lethal looking, lovely build! :D

Janne,

Knew that you'd love it.

the Mossie ended up  taking nearly 5 months to complete. What I thought was going to be a nice relaxing build, ended up at times pushing my skills to the limit.

Joel