1/48 H-34...Italeri v Gallery which is better?

The Gallery Models one is more detailed and produces a better model when done.  It is a little more difficult to build and costs more, but worth it in my opinion.

I reviewed the Gallery Models UH-34D here:  http://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=11369

Edited by HeavyArty

I am currently working on a comparison right now. Some parts of the Italeri kit are more accurate or complete. Some details are softer. The Italeri kit would be the one to use for an early Navy Variant.

Interesting the center of the rotor mast is different on both kits and the Italeri has the right rotor diameter.

• 2 weeks later...

I am away from home right now. I will pull out the kit when I get home and give you more details. The most notable difference is the fuel fill ports on the right side of the fuselage. Gallery and Revell have 3 ports . The Italeri kit has only 2 but has the provisions to add a third in either the forward low position or the forward high position for the auxiliary internal tank used on the ASW variants. The Italeri kit includes the collectives and the rotor diameter is correct. The Italeri kit also has the hand holes in the trailing edge of the vertical stabilizer that Gallery missed. Do not get me wrong I like the Gallery kit and I have all versions they have released so far. If I had a magic wand and could blend the features of each kit into one model it would be an almost perfect model.