PAF soon to tour CONUS

On 4/7/2017 at 0:35 AM, Antoine said:

Whow!

Long Island to Alabama?

That's some trip!

Please come back with some pictures.

Actually, I live in Charlotte, NC these days, so it was only a six hour drive, but worth it to see the PAF.  I'll be back home on Long Island for the Memorial Day weekend air show, and we have the Thunderbirds this year, so I wouldn't have driven to Maxwell just for them.  I'm downloading pictures now, and have a ton to go through, but I think I got some good shots.

Something about the meetng with the Blue?

2017 North American Tour Appearance Schedule – Patrouille de France

April 13th-16th: California Capitol Airshow, Sacramento & Golden Gate Bridge Flyby in San Francisco, CA
April 17th-18th: Visit w/USAF Thunderbirds at Nellis AFB, NV
April 19th: Refueling at Peterson AFB and USAF Academy Flyby, CO
April 19th: Refueling at Scott AFB, IL
April 20th-21st: VIP Event at Langley AFB, VA
April 22nd-23rd: Airshow at Stewart ANG Base, NY
April 28th-29th: NATO Tattoo in Norfolk, VA
April 30th: Wings Over Gatineau Airshow, Gatineau, QC

May 1st: Montreal, QC
May 2nd: Quebec City, QC
May 4th: Departure from Bagotville, QC

The Trilat has been cool to watch; yesterday morning they did a Raptor demo, then the Rafale demo, and then the PAF show, all within 50 minutes and without the usual ramp crowding of thousands of people.  The PAF show was real treat, It's always impressive when a demo team get 8 jets together in close formation.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph

Only a few days left in the US...

Atlantic Trident

With a special guest:

April 22nd-23rd: Airshow at Stewart ANG Base, NY
April 28th-29th: NATO Tattoo in Norfolk, VA
April 30th: Wings Over Gatineau Airshow, Gatineau, QC

• 2 weeks later...

It's over for the US part of the tour.

Just a few days left in Canada, then back home in time for the French air show season.

On 22/04/2017 at 6:34 PM, Antoine said:

Interview with Benjamin (Left, ex-F1 pilot, #8 second solo) and Damien (Right, ex-F1 & 2000D pilot, #2 right insider wingman)

• 4 weeks later...

They came to Montreal too, actually i was Soooo frustrated about this one as i had never seen the Patrouille de France and i missed them...  :crying:, as i learned about it in a very short article in the newspaper of the same day that i did only read that evening... there was no mention of the time when they came, and no mention anywhere that i read or heard of the day before... which is a pity.

Actually they only flew over Old Montreal (as a tribute to the 375th anniversary of its foundation, this year), they did not land at Dorval as far as a know. They also mention they overflew various parts of the Abitibi region in the Quebec north shore.

My guess is that they may possibly have landed at St-Hubert airport to refuel (not familiar with the range of the Alpha's, but Bagotville is fairly far north), which is where most visiting foreign military aircrafts go when they come to the Montreal region, since St-Hubert is a military base.

Stephane

Email: stratospheremodels@yahoo.fr

SHAPEWAYS BOUTIQUE: https://www.shapeways.com/product/XP5CBAZSX/rocket-booster-for-d-21-drone-spyplane-1-48th

Edited by Stratospheremodels

Ya, indeed, i missed them, i thought they were coming back to Montreal from what i just found on some other news report from the local press after reading this, but looks like their first passage over Montreal went completely incognito at the start of their tour, or else what the press reported in the newspaper was actually their 2nd and final passage over Montreal, because that's the time when i heard the news (too late).

Oh well... maybe one day i will go to see them in France.

Stephane.

Edited by Stratospheremodels