1/72 YRB-49A Conversion

Hello,

I finally finished the YRB-49A for the Museum at Edwards AFB. It is a large model with a 2 1/2 foot span.  It will be displayed on the "First Flights Wall", which is a 1/72 collection intended to include everything which made its first flight at Edwards. These are all built with blue painted canopies and gear up.

The kit started out as a YB-49 by AMT.  The conversion replaces the intakes, exhausts, canopy and other parts, while adding the engine pods.  The resin set (with decals and vacuformed clear parts) is available for $59 plus postage. The decals are ALPS printed.  Production might be slower than I would like. You can contact me at newmanispwest at yahoo dot com.

David

Muroc Models

IMG_1720a_zpsbhftfwnz.jpg?1488119117658&

IMG_1717a_zpsuecnmtpv.jpg?1488119117662&

IMG_1718a_zpscwqpbvsy.jpg?1488119117662&

I read that but being very much a visual person a picture is worth a thousand words to me so I wondered, if it wasn't too onerous for David, to see a picture of it alongside a type that was more familiar too us, would be instructive & illustrative. Of course, if thats a hassle to David, then no problem. I'll do the math.

Steve.

Hello,

The XB-35/YB-49 are the same wing span as a B-2.  They are 30 feet greater in wingspan than a B-29 and 60 feet less than a B-36.

The model went to the museum shortly after I finished it.  It will be a few months before I can get to the Museum for more photos.

Thanks to everyone for looking.

David

12 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

How about this: the wing span is about as long as your arm.

I guess that depends on the extent of your ape factor. :rolleyes:

You seem determined to spike any attempt on my part to have this illustrated & as it has now flown Davids grasp, at least temporarily, I'm not too concerned about it, by the time he goes to the museum I'll have probably forgot about it, being older than you, though hopefully not bitter. I'm pleased I managed to google it myself without having to be told to. :whistle: Damn, where are those smile & wink emoticons when you need them.

Steve.

Thanks David, I'd enjoy that but after what've seen on google now with the YB-49  in formation with chase planes, YB-47 etc, I now have a mental picture of just how big they are so don't be going to any hassles on my account please.  Much as I'd love to have a crack at something like this, it would be far too big for my cabinet, this must have been a real labour of love on your part.

Steve.