Rocket pod scorching -- LAU-3, etc

The LAU-3, and similar pods were one time use so there wasn't that much scorching except for the front plate which got the direct blast, there was a little on the front end. However if you plan to have a pod recently fired then you'd have to have 19 tubes drilled out front to back. LAU-10 and the 6/7 tube pods were reusable so they would get more scorching, just google LAU-10 and you'll come up with some images showing the effect.

Jari 

Yeah, I'm dreading the drilling option....

But, here's where I"m coming from. This will be for F-100F Wild Weasel pioneer, the ever-popular 1226 in which the first true Weasel kill was made. I really, really do NOT want to build the pods with the aerodynamic fairings on the front and back, in which case they hardly look like deadly weapons...look like boring tanks or baggage pods or something at a glance. 

But I'm assuming that if I do them uncovered, then they are either in the process of being loaded, or have already been fired off.

So I'm thinking if I could do the aircraft as it may have appeared after its historic kill....

Here is a F-4 that fired 18 of the rockets of the bottom pod:

Me_and_my_rockets.jpg

in case you are wondering it is rocket #19 that is left. It is possible the nose fairings of the two that didn't fire were knocked off when the bottom pod fired, if they were on in the first place. They were basically just thick paper so any hit will shatter them. Of course to deny any use to the VC, they didn't jettison the pods with the rockets still in.  Here is an example of LAU-10 pods:

cva431966A-1fd.jpg

as you can see the one on the left of the pic has a lot more firings than the one on the right.

Jari

Great help Jari, thanks!

The front face of them, is that bare metal, like maybe anodized metal? Or would it be white? 

And, is there ANY reason to suspect maybe the F-100's might have operated with the fairings off? (probably not, but here's to hoping!)

It was metal, the tubes were paper, thus one use only:

LAU3pod%20(20).JPG

What scale are you doing, if large enough you can use tube styrene as the rocket tubes. With fairings off they cause drag so most likely they were on, the videos seem to show them on. However they may have not jettisoned the fired pods but brought them back. Who's to say?

Jari