Hasegawa Blue Angels 1/48 A-4 Kit

I guess I'm all in for building a BA A-4, now. I just won some Yellowhammer decals off eBay.

Did any of the other Hasegawa A-4E/F kits include the Super Fox intake parts, or was it just the Blue Angels release? I'll probably end up picking up Darren's set the next time I order from Sprue Bros, but I thought I'd check all of my shopping options.

Thanks,

Ben

18 minutes ago, Ben Brown said:

I guess I'm all in for building a BA A-4, now. I just won some Yellowhammer decals off eBay.

Did any of the other Hasegawa A-4E/F kits include the Super Fox intake parts, or was it just the Blue Angels release? 

The A-4F Adversary boxing had the larger intakes (not to be confused with the A-4E/F Top Gun boxing)

2 hours ago, Crash Test Dummy said:

The1/48  Hasegawa TA-4J has what looks like the boarding ladder bullet fairing Sprue V Part 39.

Wow thanks for that tidbit of info. I have that kit so I will go snooping. So I guess Hasegawa used that sprue in their Blue Angels boxing? Since I don't have issue I am not sure.

25 minutes ago, skyhawk174 said:

Wow thanks for that tidbit of info. I have that kit so I will go snooping. So I guess Hasegawa used that sprue in their Blue Angels boxing? Since I don't have issue I am not sure.

The Hasegawa Blue Angels A-4 includes a white metal ladder housing for the wing root, and includes the A-4M intakes that were used on the Super Fox A-4Fs that the Blue Angels flew.

56 minutes ago, Joe Hegedus said:

The Hasegawa Blue Angels A-4 includes a white metal ladder housing for the wing root, and includes the A-4M intakes that were used on the Super Fox A-4Fs that the Blue Angels flew.

Thanks Joe, much appreciated. I actually have a set of Cutting Edge intakes that I should be able to use.

I have built my Blue Angels A-4 many years ago using the Monogram kit and it came out okay. I really want to redo it one of these days as my skills have improved a bit. It was built back in the late 70s and believe it or not I still have it in my display case as a reminder of my skills back then. I should post a pic so you guys can have a good laugh :rofl:

I have the Victory decal sheet so I think I am set there but need to gather up the other small details that makes a Blue Angels Skyhawk a Blue Angels Skyhawk.

Hey at least I can say I saw them fly up here in Canada with the A-4s and it was wonderful.

1 hour ago, skyhawk174 said:

Sprue V contains the second cockpit and other airframe changes for the TA-4J. No idea why this part was included on that sprue. Hasegawa did have a 2-seat Blue Angels boxing, but the instructions don't show using it.