9 hours ago, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

Do the current/recent F-15D aggressors use the old A/B wheels, C wheels, or E wheels? Thanks.

They use C/D wheels.

Cheers,

John

• 2 weeks later...
On March 1, 2017 at 10:32 PM, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

Do the current/recent F-15D aggressors use the old A/B wheels, C wheels, or E wheels? Thanks.

A and B model have always had the A and B models wheels and C and D model have always had C and D model wheels, E models have always had E model wheels etc.... 

There are no early A model wheels, same through to the first C/D models?

2 hours ago, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

So as CF104 said, the F-15D uses what the aftermarket terms "C
" wheels.

In another thread you were looking for early A model wheels for the Revell ( old monogram) kit? The kit comes with A model wheels and is not a C model.

I'm not sure if I could fully explain it. I snipped off the Revell/Monogram hubs to install C resin wheels as part of a plan to make it a C model. Then I changed back to an A model, but the Monogram A has the hubs integral with the landing gear. My thought was I could borrow the B wheels from Great Wall B/D kit for the Monogram A since the GW wheels appear to be A style and then get a set of C/D wheels for the GW kit to make a D model.

Sounds feasible in a round about way. A/B wheels are the same and  C/D are the same, this is how the wheels are grouped for the type. Remember though there is sutle differances between the types A/B,C/D, J and E/I/S/K models in respect to the airframes. In the quest for accuracy all considerations must be taken. If your not into the total accuracy thing that is fine as well but just changing the wheels doesn't make it accurate for that type there is more. 

Cheers

Thanks. For sure, it's more than just changing wheels. It's pits, antennas, etc., and I'm capable of doing small changes - or buying them. But I'm not super accurate. I found what I think is a model ship grill that's almost a dead ringer for the vent panel behind the cockpit of the A and plan to use that to replace the vestigal, split-down-the-middle Monogram vent.