For this Gb I will build the Eduard Bundesfighter .... it is the Hasegawa 1/48 F-104 with cartograf decals, eduard masks. resin seat, and colored photoetch. There are 5 decal options, I will go with the Norm76 Marine option.

This will be a bit ambitious for me. I have yet to successfully use photo-etch in a model, and I am also going to try the black basing technique to bring some color variation to the final finish.

here is an obligatory box photo!

IMGP8765-vi.jpg 

So many options in the stash, I don't know what to pick.

1/72: Gannet, Tornado, Eurofighter, T-33, MiG-29, H-34, Do-28

1/48: Tornado, F-4F, Sabre

I'll think of something.

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

So many options in the stash, I don't know what to pick.

1/72: Gannet, Tornado, Eurofighter, T-33, MiG-29, H-34, Do-28

1/48: Tornado, F-4F, Sabre

I'll think of something.

A phantom is always a good choice! 

Academy's 1/144 F-4F with HaHen's "40 Jahre Mölders" decals. Some pix of the prototype are here. I'm leaning towards an in-flight display. Getting RAL 5015 for the tail, stabilator, and wing tips could be interesting.

f_4f_box.jpg

Was going to go with the big Revell 32nd scale kit but think I will backtrack and start with a smaller scale build to get me going. 

48th scale Revell Tornado IDS

scheme: undecided - but possibly a grey ISAF bird

Eduard update sets - selected parts 

Aires Wheel Bay

-Scott

Edited by scott_t
changed subject kit for build

I've got a 1/72 Hasegawa EJ-Kai that I'll make into an F by swapping out the hard wing for the slatted wing from an S that I have in the stash. I just need to find decals. Looking to do a Jg 73 bird in the Norm 81 scheme.

1 hour ago, Cool Hand said:

I've got a 1/72 Hasegawa EJ-Kai that I'll make into an F by swapping out the hard wing for the slatted wing from an S that I have in the stash. I just need to find decals. Looking to do a Jg 73 bird in the Norm 81 scheme.

you'll also need unslotted stabilators...(unslotted : F4H-1, early F-4B, F-4C, F-4D..F-4F)

These are the intended candidates. Given my poor GB completion record, I'm not sure which, if any, I'll finish; but its all about the process, right?

I'd like to throw an F-4F into this mix, if I can source one in time. Also need to get some decals for the F-84. 

Now, which to begin with?

IMG_20170302_233854732_HDR.jpg

23 minutes ago, RKic said:

oops. Lets nix the 1/72 F-104 from that, as I'm planning a Marineflieger version, not Luftwaffe :crying:

You can build a Marineflieger, the rules state:

Any aircraft that has served with the modern german Air Force (including the german navy and army) from 1955 until today. 

:thumbsup:

9 hours ago, Kurt H. said:

You can build a Marineflieger, the rules state:

Any aircraft that has served with the modern german Air Force (including the german navy and army) from 1955 until today. 

:thumbsup:

Excellent! 

I presume we're excluding the LSK though?

7 minutes ago, RKic said:

East German Airforce. Not Luftwaffe, but I ask since you seem open to all kinds of German air units. 

I will have to defer to TobiK on that one.  I am uncertain if that fits with his vision for the GB.

As I read the ROEs, you may have to limit your east german aircraft of choice to those types that continued flying in the Luftwaffe, Heer or Marine after the re-unification of 1990.

HAJO