Yes guys, Hajo L. Got it absolutely right! Eastern german aircraft only when still in service after 1990. Just look if there is the iron cross on.p

37 minutes ago, RKic said:

If only I could source a hasegawa F-4F!!!

I know your pain ... It took me quite a bit of effort to source a different Hasegawa phantom.

But you can get what you need fairly easily by using a slatted wing F-4E (easier to find) and unslotted stabs from Royale Resin, or Hypersonic Models. (or from an F-4C/D - but they have raised panel lines)

Rescribing and riveting the stabs is no whitchcraft. Or you look for the latest/last 1/48 revell F-4F...it is Hasegawa inside! (...NOT Intel).

2 hours ago, tobiK said:

Rescribing and riveting the stabs is no whitchcraft. Or you look for the latest/last 1/48 revell F-4F...it is Hasegawa inside! (...NOT Intel).

Agreed. That would be a simple rescribe job. 

Revell F-4F, that might be even more rare than Hasegawa. I looked on ebay and saw nothing.

Well, first i thought i will tell you when i ll be back next week so i can add also pics. At the moment i just follow the GB with my cellphone.

But you ask me and ofc i tell you now:

I will make a 1/48 hasegawa F-104G with some parts of the DACO set. Will be one of the two colorful zippers of the "vikings" marineflieger demo team in clean configuration.

Good news! (for me, mostly). I scored a Hasegawa F-4F on Ebay. I'll probably need to scrounge for decals (its a special livery markings - which I don't love), but it should be here later this week. Woo!!!

Congrats, RKic!

Just a hint for you Phantom lovers here:

Do not forget the RF-4E, in Norm72 as well as later in Norm 83 camo. They got a second task as mud movers, so you can hang some fire crackers under the innerwing pylons. Like Matra 25 or Bl 755 clusters or iron bombs.

Also not forget the F-4F in Norm 72 in service with the fighter-bomber units. Before they changed to Tornado.

Thanks for the tip, Tobi. I'm afraid I do not know much about phantoms in Luftwaffe service. 

Once I start my build, I may have to mine you for more info :)

You are welcome! That is the spirit of GBs: to help each other so that we finish with authentic and stunning models. Ofc you can relay on me when it will be the time. And if i do not know it there are friends around to ask. 

Later i will post a summary about Luftwaffe colors and paint schemes. Would be smart to open a new topic for it.

Here's a link for Luftwaffe Tornado colors Tobi:

http://www.tornadosig.com/luftwaffe-camouflage-schemes.html

also, see the link to the PDF file on the page .....it lists colors for other detail areas

A link for Marineflieger Tornado colors:

http://www.tornadosig.com/marineflieger-camouflage-schemes.html

Hope this is helpful

-Scott

What is part 2? Airdoc only made decals for norm 90 and norm 72 (one sheet markings, other one stencils). 

About norm72 i already sent email to them but they answered that N72 for F-4F is sold out. For the RF there could be still some sheets available. HaHen only has sheets for Norm81 A/B and norm90. Norm90 Phantoms with tan radom have the ICE upgrade. 

29 minutes ago, scott_t said:

Shopofphantoms.com

thats where I looked. No dice. They only seem to have it in 1/32, and then a 48 sheet for the RF-4E

17 minutes ago, tobiK said:

What is part 2?

Tobi, this is what I'm looking for. I'd like to build the plane with the German colors on its sides.

http://www.hyperscale.com/2007/reviews/decals/airdoc48017decalsreviewkb_1.htm

40 minutes ago, Kurt H. said:

I

I struck out finding it. 

ebay maybe?

no luck on ebay. 

But I did see a nice Skyhart sheet with a Norm 90 phantom with anniversary markings. Its on the short list, unless I can find something less expensive.