Hey! good to see you on board! Just read your message. Thanks for writing.

And the Meng kit of the Gina...we are curious how it will come out!

The G-91 is already history in the german airforce. already out of service. Her job was taken over by the Alpha Jets. But also the Alphas are retired for many years already.

If somebody wants to see a Gina in 1:1, go to the Airforce Bunker museum in Leipheim (between Stuttgart and Augsburg, just near the Autobahn).

AFAIK there is a modelshow at May, 27 and the museum also is open for visitors. 

Oh, a Gina...Excellent choice!

I was planning to do the Revell one, so we can compare the two kits. Of course, there are thirteen years in between both kits.

BTW: Tobi, it is not a bunker museum, it is the Leipheim Airfield Museum, which is located inside a bunker. They also have a Huey and an Alpha Jet.

Welcome, White Wolf! Decals may be not easy to find. But afaik our sponsor shopofphantoms aka airdoc made decals for grey luftwaffe MIG29. Just send them an email, adress it to "klinnert@wingmanmodels.com" and ask for 1/72 decals. It could be that only a few sheets are still available. Not forget to mention greeting from Tobias! ;-)

I hope you will be successfull!

12 hours ago, White Wolf said:

I want to try building a MiG-29 for this GB. Still trying to source some decals to make a Luftwaffe Fulcrum though...

I love unusual subjects.. like in this case, a MiG in the markings of a NATO country, and it is not captured, it just ended up serving with the Luftwaffe with the re unification of Germany. 

Edited by Kurt H.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, my name is Karlheinz, I am from Germany, Bavaria. I want to build a Piper L-18 in 1/32. It is the Revell kit.

I will post a picture as soon as possible. Next I have to register at flickr.com to upload the pics for my Luftwaffe project.

Edited by kkair

Hi...

Thanks to tobiK who told me about this GB.

Really don't know why there is still no helicopter in this GB. So, after being informed by tobiK, I decide to jump in and build this;

IMG_20170531_192040_HDR.jpg

It will be OOB, and use the beautiful decal... 

I hope this ok? :dontknow:

Cheers,

Mario 

Indonesia

Edited by lifeline

Hi Mario! Welcome on board! Highly appreciated, your Seaking! I look forward to see that stunning special scheme. Have fun, good luck and enough time for the project!

Sampai jumpa!

On 21.5.2017 at 4:28 PM, kkair said:

Hello, my name is Karlheinz, I am from Germany, Bavaria. I want to build a Piper L-18 in 1/32. It is the Revell kit.

I will post a picture as soon as possible. Next I have to register at flickr.com to upload the pics for my Luftwaffe project.

Dear friends of the Bundesluftwaffe,

3 hours and 26 minutes until GB end ... and here we go, just right TOT.

The famous 30+29

p067_1_01.jpg

using Revell 1:32 Eurofighter Typhoon single seater (an awful kit).

p067_1_07.jpg

The famous Bavarian Tigers heritage from 74th Fighter Wing.

p067_1_03.jpg

Since there are no intakes, i started with the engine to see wht is going to see or not to see and then built the intakes.

p067_1_04.jpg

About the detail kits i'm not sure yet.

p067_1_02.jpg

Added magnetos to attach stores.

p067_1_05.jpg

Only add on is the RAF Pilot from PJ.

p067_1_06.jpg

This model goes to Norbert Müller who painted the stuff in real.

p067_1_00.jpg

best regards

Andreas 'Goggo' Gordes

Edited by Goggo
Proceedings
3 hours ago, Goggo said:

Dear friends of the Bundesluftwaffe,

just returning from Landsberg Airshow and of course i have to take apart in this GB. Also i will donate for the winner prices.

So what's up ... for this GB i will change my scale and want to go for the

p067_1_01.jpg

Revell 1:32 Eurofighter Typhoon single seater.

About the detail kits i'm not sure yet.

p067_1_02.jpg

Still waiting for the 'Modern RAF Pilot' from PJ.

Time is tight as always and

best regards

Andreas 'Goggo' Gordes

Wow this looks like a big project. Welcome to the GB, This will be a very nice model with those detail parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all!

It's been a couple years since I've taken part in a group build and it's high time I get back in.  Between my job and a move across the country I really haven't been able to do much modeling, so this is a fun way to get back into it.  Obviously, I'm joining in to the GB a bit late, but I hope to catch up and have something done before the end. 

Having a long time love of the Panavia Tornado, and also being a fan of anniversary and Tiger Meet markings I decided to pull out one of the seven Revell-Germany 1/72 special markings birds in the collection to build.  The one I want to do for this group build in the 2009 AG-51 50 Year Recce Meet Tornado.

102315-10000-pristine.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome! And again a Tornado...seams to be a favorite here. Well, no wonder, so many stunning schemes on this bird. Looking forward to see your kit growing.

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Hajo L. said:

How much time is left? I plan to build two Tornados (propably both Marineflieger), but don´t necessary need a GB as moral support...

HAJO

Hajo, the GB ends september 1st. please feel free to jump in.

Won´t have too much time... I´ll be home again next weekend and due to arrival time and another date set on sunday evening I´ll onl yhave the saturday to start. And then it´s only two weeks left... Will try!

HAJO

• 2 weeks later...