martin_sam_2000

2017 London Airshow, Sept 23, 24

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The 2017 London Airshow is being held on Sept 23 and 24. It is going to be a very interesting airshow as they are trying to out do last years.

Performers:

Canadair Tutor: RCAF Snowbirds (X9)

deHavilland Vampire: Jerry Conley 

Douglas A-4: Warbird Heritage Foundation

Edge 540: Pete McLeod

General Dynamics F-16 "Solo Turk": Trukish Air Force tentative...waiting for official announcement

Jet Aircraft Museum: Aircraft TBA

Lockheed F-35 with Heritage flight: USAF

McDonnel-Douglas (Boeing) F/A-18F Super Hornet: U.S. Navy Demo

McDonnel-Douglas (Boeing) CF-188A: RCAF full demo bird

Mig-17PF: Randy Ball

Static:

Airbus KC-30A (A330): RAAF

Lockheed C-5 Galaxy: USAF

McDonnel-Douglas KC-10 Extender: USAF

Edited by martin_sam_2000

I see they have a heritage flyby of a F-35A.

I'm going.

I'm going to keep my eye on this one.  It looked great last year...this might be time for my first trip north of the border.

David

U.S. navy F-18 demo and Warbird Heritage Foundation A-4 added

Sean

Turkish Air Force F-16 Demo "Solo Turk" added!

Sean

That'd be neat to see.

I really miss the London Air Show. Spent many years in Ontario going to the show but moved out west in 1994. I know the air show had shut down for a few years but was not aware it had started back up. I was able to get press credentials and get onto the air field as the aircraft arrived for the show on Friday. Really cool to see the aircraft and smell the kerosene as they taxied by you on their way to their parking spot. Was great to get nice clear shots of the aircraft before the barricades went up. Those were the days!!!

Still have lots and lots of Kodachrome slides from my trips there when they had the themes like F-4 Phantom, A-4 Skyhawk and so on. One of these days I have to get back.

4 minutes ago, skyhawk174 said:

I really miss the London Air Show. Spent many years in Ontario going to the show but moved out west in 1994. I know the air show had shut down for a few years but was not aware it had started back up. I was able to get press credentials and get onto the air field as the aircraft arrived for the show on Friday. Really cool to see the aircraft and smell the kerosene as they taxied by you on their way to their parking spot. Was great to get nice clear shots of the aircraft before the barricades went up. Those were the days!!!

Still have lots and lots of Kodachrome slides from my trips there when they had the themes like F-4 Phantom, A-4 Skyhawk and so on. One of these days I have to get back.

last year was their first year back and it was an absolute blow out. I wish I had made it. It came out of nowhere and was by far THE BEST show in Canada, and I would go as far as to say the best military show outside of a U.S. Airbase.

This year is looking amazing and I am planning on being there.

Sean

I grew up in Syracuse, NY and never realized what I had missed until I was older. If only I had known the airshows they had! I've heard they were some of the best.

US NAvy Demo confirmed as Super hornet and and RAAF KC-30 (A330) has been added,

Sean

Randy ball's Mig-17 added to performers and RAAF KC-30 moved to statics

Sean

USAF C-5 added to static list

Sean

On 4/4/2017 at 6:20 PM, martin_sam_2000 said:

Turkish Air Force F-16 Demo "Solo Turk" added!

Sean

Whoa. Confirmed? 

12 minutes ago, AnthonyWan said:

Whoa. Confirmed? 

multiple sources are confirming this, but their official site seems to be down. 

Time will tell if it is a go, there are a number of acts that have been "confirmed" but not officially announces by the show

Sean

On 6/19/2017 at 9:38 AM, martin_sam_2000 said:

multiple sources are confirming this, but their official site seems to be down. 

Time will tell if it is a go, there are a number of acts that have been "confirmed" but not officially announces by the show

Sean

Their site is back up... I don't see London. 

15 minutes ago, AnthonyWan said:

I know..but they announced it as an act back in april at the press conference. So either it has cancelled or they still haven't finalised the details.

Time will tell I guess. I am/was looking forward to seeing it.

Sean

2 hours ago, AnthonyWan said:

ok..so...latest info is the Turkish government is pushing for more slots to fly commercial aircraft to Canada and if they don't get it, then SOLOTurk will not come...but nothing is official either way yet

Sean