LOL! I just realized that were are building the same aircraft. 37+01 was the first F-4F in the German Air Force. And the last one to be decomissioned from active duty.

Where is that "like" button?

I really like the anti-corrosion fixes that you added. It really captures the heavily worn look of the real thing. I'm now thinking of doing my Phantom in a Norm90 camo. It never looked interesting until just now. Thanks :D 

8 hours ago, Lancer512 said:

LOL! I just realized that were are building the same aircraft. 37+01 was the first F-4F in the German Air Force. And the last one to be decomissioned from active duty.

Where is that "like" button?

Actually, your build was the reason I did 37+01. Hope one day to find 1/48 decals for that one.

Thanks guys.

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

Actually, your build was the reason I did 37+01. Hope one day to find 1/48 decals for that one.

Thanks guys.

They are available here: Wingman Models

I dont know about the colors of the 1/48 decals, but the 1/72 decals released by Wingman the golden color is way to dark compared to the real airplane. They fixed this issue in the 1/72 Revell release, the artwork is the same made by Andreas Klein,owner of AirDoc and Wingman Models and the designer of the real special C/S 37+01.

Maybe you ask them about the right colors of the 1/48 release before you buy them.

Afaik wingman bottled the 2 colors: the metallic blue and the gold. And that should fit the 1/48 decals. Revell made it easy and used their revell gold but it is not the same as on real airplane.  Not sure if WM still have the paint. Better you send an email ask about it.

50 minutes ago, tobiK said:

Afaik wingman bottled the 2 colors: the metallic blue and the gold. And that should fit the 1/48 decals. Revell made it easy and used their revell gold but it is not the same as on real airplane.  Not sure if WM still have the paint. Better you send an email ask about it.

The problem is the printed gold color of the Wingman decals. Attached is a picture of both sheets, above is the Wingman sheet, bottom Revell sheet. The design is the same but the gold looks much better on the Revell sheet compared to the real plane in my opinion. On the Wingman sheet it looks more like copper and is to dark.

DSC01888.JPG

Found another pic to compare. Left Wingman, right Revell. Maybe the user "phantom" can live with that, if the 1/48 decals have the same color - I dont know that.  I own the 1/72 Wingman decals and for me they look to dark and brownish.

dsc02193vmjbg.jpg

Well, i just posted the content of my talk with Andreas Klein at the time they released the deca ls. As i do not have the decals and will not build that scheme i was not busy with that topic by myself. So it could be like that you described...hands off, i m out! 

Edited by tobiK

Either way thanks for the posts!

20 Euro would work out to near $50!!! So that is a bit out of my budget for decals. Crap I did not pay that much for the 1/32 model!!!

Guess I will have to wait for a more affordable option.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Phantom.

If possible i will move that wongmam decal topic to a more suitable place. 

Btw. How you make 50 $ out of 20 €? Well, 20 € is a standart price for

High quality decals meanwhile.

3 minutes ago, tobiK said:

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Phantom.

If possible i will move that wongmam decal topic to a more suitable place. 

You can delete my posts about the decals, tobi -  no problem. :)  And I agree, 20,- Euro is a common price for HQ decals.

4 hours ago, tobiK said:

20 euro is about $29 Canadian. Average shipping from Germany is 8.50 euro is $12CDN. So $40CDN right there. I'm not sure how European VAT works. Is that figured into the price, or do you add it on extra? 

Not yet. I will worry about the decals when I raid the sofa for $40-50 bucks in loose change.

Right, going downstairs to do some work on the clear parts while the boss is out for the night.

Good idea to get rid of your old n worn out sofa! next step, replace the open space of the sofa with a new showcase...your output of models is enormous!

:-D

41 minutes ago, tobiK said:

Good idea to get rid of your old n worn out sofa! next step, replace the open space of the sofa with a new showcase...your output of models is enormous!

:-D

Actually, we just bought new furniture last week! I did check the old sofa, just food between the cushions.

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Actually, we just bought new furniture last week! I did check the old sofa, just food between the cushions.

MAybe you can sell the food you found to raise funds for the decals? Shawns Sofa Snacks.