Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
phantom

1/32 F-4F

Recommended Posts

LOL! I just realized that were are building the same aircraft. 37+01 was the first F-4F in the German Air Force. And the last one to be decomissioned from active duty.

Where is that "like" button?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the anti-corrosion fixes that you added. It really captures the heavily worn look of the real thing. I'm now thinking of doing my Phantom in a Norm90 camo. It never looked interesting until just now. Thanks :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lancer512 said:

LOL! I just realized that were are building the same aircraft. 37+01 was the first F-4F in the German Air Force. And the last one to be decomissioned from active duty.

Where is that "like" button?

 

 

Actually, your build was the reason I did 37+01. Hope one day to find 1/48 decals for that one.

 

Thanks guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, phantom said:

 

 

Actually, your build was the reason I did 37+01. Hope one day to find 1/48 decals for that one.

 

Thanks guys.

 

They are available here: Wingman Models

I dont know about the colors of the 1/48 decals, but the 1/72 decals released by Wingman the golden color is way to dark compared to the real airplane. They fixed this issue in the 1/72 Revell release, the artwork is the same made by Andreas Klein,owner of AirDoc and Wingman Models and the designer of the real special C/S 37+01.

 

Maybe you ask them about the right colors of the 1/48 release before you buy them.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Afaik wingman bottled the 2 colors: the metallic blue and the gold. And that should fit the 1/48 decals. Revell made it easy and used their revell gold but it is not the same as on real airplane.  Not sure if WM still have the paint. Better you send an email ask about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, tobiK said:

Afaik wingman bottled the 2 colors: the metallic blue and the gold. And that should fit the 1/48 decals. Revell made it easy and used their revell gold but it is not the same as on real airplane.  Not sure if WM still have the paint. Better you send an email ask about it.

 

The problem is the printed gold color of the Wingman decals. Attached is a picture of both sheets, above is the Wingman sheet, bottom Revell sheet. The design is the same but the gold looks much better on the Revell sheet compared to the real plane in my opinion. On the Wingman sheet it looks more like copper and is to dark.

DSC01888.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found another pic to compare. Left Wingman, right Revell. Maybe the user "phantom" can live with that, if the 1/48 decals have the same color - I dont know that.  I own the 1/72 Wingman decals and for me they look to dark and brownish.

dsc02193vmjbg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, i just posted the content of my talk with Andreas Klein at the time they released the deca ls. As i do not have the decals and will not build that scheme i was not busy with that topic by myself. So it could be like that you described...hands off, i m out! 

Edited by tobiK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either way thanks for the posts!

20 Euro would work out to near $50!!! So that is a bit out of my budget for decals. Crap I did not pay that much for the 1/32 model!!!

 

Guess I will have to wait for a more affordable option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Phantom.

If possible i will move that wongmam decal topic to a more suitable place. 

Btw. How you make 50 $ out of 20 €? Well, 20 € is a standart price for

High quality decals meanwhile.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tobiK said:

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Phantom.

If possible i will move that wongmam decal topic to a more suitable place. 

Btw. How you make 50 $ out of 20 €? Well, 20 € is a standart price for

High quality decals meanwhile.

 

 

You can delete my posts about the decals, tobi -  no problem. :)  And I agree, 20,- Euro is a common price for HQ decals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tobiK said:

 

Btw. How you make 50 $ out of 20 €? Well, 20 € is a standart price for

High quality decals meanwhile.

 

20 euro is about $29 Canadian. Average shipping from Germany is 8.50 euro is $12CDN. So $40CDN right there. I'm not sure how European VAT works. Is that figured into the price, or do you add it on extra? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally for retail, the indicated price is inclusive VAT.

Have you checked Hannants?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not yet. I will worry about the decals when I raid the sofa for $40-50 bucks in loose change.

 

Right, going downstairs to do some work on the clear parts while the boss is out for the night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good idea to get rid of your old n worn out sofa! next step, replace the open space of the sofa with a new showcase...your output of models is enormous!

:-D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, its done. Drying right now so I will take photos tomorrow after work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, tobiK said:

Good idea to get rid of your old n worn out sofa! next step, replace the open space of the sofa with a new showcase...your output of models is enormous!

:-D

 

 

Actually, we just bought new furniture last week! I did check the old sofa, just food between the cushions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, phantom said:

 

 

Actually, we just bought new furniture last week! I did check the old sofa, just food between the cushions.

MAybe you can sell the food you found to raise funds for the decals? Shawns Sofa Snacks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant idea! What comes from the sofa - you eat on the sofa!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeeeaaah......no.

 

 

DSC_0060.jpg

 

I will do the proper photos tonight. Only an 8 hour shift today. Hopefully pending anarchy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys, here she be......

 

DSC_0061.jpg

 

DSC_0066.jpg

 

DSC_0064.jpg

Edited by phantom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...