strip clear parts?

I have this model on my shelf, and every time I see it I feel bad for it, I really do not like how it came out

Any way, I think I can do this kit justice with a better paint job.   It is an RF-4B so, clear parts are a rather prominent part of the subject, not to mention the canopies.  I have used just about every method to strip paint over the years, and I seem to remember that oven cleaner will ruin clear parts.  I have been partial to Testors ELO lately, but I do not know what it will do to clear parts. has any one tried it? I do not have too many spare clear parts to do a test run with.

Not sure where you got the idea oven cleaner ruined clear parts Kurt. I have stripped quite a few canopies with oven cleaner with no adverse effect.

Maybe do a practice run with something from the spares box to allay your fears?

10 minutes ago, Trojan Thunder said:

Not sure where you got the idea oven cleaner ruined clear parts Kurt. I have stripped quite a few canopies with oven cleaner with no adverse effect.

Maybe do a practice run with something from the spares box to allay your fears?

Might have something to do with the brand/company. For instance, I found out the hard way that some pine cleaners ruin clear plastic while others are safer.

• 3 weeks later...