What are people's thoughts on the likelihood of any manufacturer ever producing an 1/48 Dromader in styrene. Although military operations are confined to just a few countries, civilian options are vast.

Would certainly be an unusual model on the shelves.

Edited by scotthldr

Sadly, low.

The only commonly available agricultural aircraft I'm aware of is the An-2 in 1/144, 1/72, and 1/48 and Amodel 1/72 Wilga variants. There was a 1/48 Transavia Airtruk, but it doesn't look like it was widely available. The only Air Tractor I'm aware of was the character tie-in to Disney animated movies. I'm not aware of other PZL aircraft, like your Dromader or the Kruk, a Grumman Ag Cat, or Embraer Ipanema.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The only way I got kits of one of my favourite aircraft, the Fletcher FU-24 agricultural plane, was to ask every manufacturer under the sun whether they'd do it. Unicraft said yes and, while it's rough, at least it's an easier starting point than scratching. But that's 1/72 and I still needed to get 20 firm orders before he made the master - a 1/48 would be a big ask unless you got the support from other builders.