Piper Hobby in Chantilly VA closing

Piper Hobby was always a bit overpriced, but its still sad to see them go. They close their doors on March 18th. Everything is 50% off until then. Lots of old kits, decals and detail sets. If you're passing through northern Virginia, DC, Maryland, or Southern PA in the next few weeks, give them a visit. 

Sad to see another DC area hobby shop going..   Haven't been in there recently, mostly because of some really rude staff and their prices.  But have bought a fair few things there over the years.  Hope to stop in before they are gone, but all the good stuff will likely be gone by then :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Today is the last day. I made one more trip, I took the time to go through one of the huge tubs full of decals and found a few old, but cool decal sheets.  

There were still a good number of 1/72 Fujimi F-4s, A-4s ... 1/48 monogram F-5s , hasegawa me-109 and fw-190s, and hasegawa F-104s and lots and lots of decals, and books.

I am sad to see the store go away.  I found the store back in like 94 or 95, so I have been shopping there for quite a while. 

Aww man .... I was going through the stuff I bought, and an A-4M sheet I bought, I did not look close enough, it is a 1/72 sheet instead of 1/48 like I thought. they had a few fujimi A-4Ms there, but now it is too late. :crying: