Since there is still 2 plus months to go with this GB, I thought I'd do another AH-1W. It'll be a non-NTS Update Whiskey Cobra in a desert scheme. I'll be using the Two Bobs "Whiskey In The Mix" decals, Werner Wings Vac canopy, and Master Models M197 20mm cannon.

8UOOs2A.jpg

First off will be the cockpit, of course, and then I'll start working on the vac canopy, not waiting until the last minute this time! 

Updates soon.

Mike

I get home in 10 days, then I'll show you the mod I did to the rotors to get the twist on the blades common when parked.

The Torsion/Tension pack in the rotor head is so powerful it lifts the collective up, so when you shut down it is common to pull the collective control to the top to prevent popping.

A quick update on the build.

I have the cockpit painted and ready to be installed. I don't worry about accuracy, just as long as it looks the part.

lmtOgMG.jpg

I've also put time in on the fuselage. I have the access doors installed as well as the engine's intakes and exhausts. I've also have assembled the winglets and main rotor.

eFquO6S.jpg

Next up will be assembling the fuselage then on to the vac canopy. 

Thanks for looking in,

Mike

Edited by Ichitoe

The fuselage has been assembled:

Jj3A6mn.jpg

And I have the vac canopy trimmed. It still needs some work along the bottom edge of the frame:

G7STnwA.jpg

I'm using painter's tape as protection from scratches and blemishes. Lesson learned from the last canopy!

I'll finish getting the canopy cleaned up then get it masked and ready for installation. I'll also start working on the Hellfires and TOWs.

Mike