Hi all,

As I posted last night, I'd like to join the GB with the Revell 1/32 Jet Ranger, better known to Engineers and Pilots in the UK as the Jet Banger, don't know why, just is.

Anyway Ive done a few shots of the box top, parts and my aid de memoir, cos my memory ain't what it used to be.

Here is the box, looks nice:)

IMG_1816_zpsrcjsy0be.jpg

and here are the parts laid out, not so nice. So thick and have pin marks and trade mark's in the outside faces of the model, all will need attention before the build.

IMG_1815_zpswyh0u1yy.jpg

Seem's ever such a long time ago I completed this course, I love the Jet Ranger, I fact I love working on Bell products, so simple, uncomplicated and straight forward. Bell's customer support I found to be second to none, much better than an Anglo-Italian helicopter manufacture;)

Study notes.

IMG_1817_zpsupwgslra.jpg

I did a bit last night and have managed a few hours this morning before my shift starts. more pics will follow soon.

You certainly have the right study notes!

Haven't flown a 206B for 3 years now, but have almost 1000 hours on the B model. Lovely helicopter to fly as well, and I have done a fair bit of maintenance on them as well as part of my "apprenticeship".

Looking forward to seeing what you can do to wrangle this into a nice model!

Cheers

Harald

Stomping on with this small project.

Focused on removing all the raised detail on the two fuselage parts, cutting in the landing light compartment and the Trans oil cooler vent. Ordered some mesh to look at the engine doors and said oil cooler vent.

Moved on to the cockpit then, I've bashed the console to replicate the B3 console not the earlier model thinner console thats in the box. That done, I changed the cyclic, collective and yaw pedals for finer items from the spares box. The co-pilots sticks have been omitted, this was done to stop passengers grabbing the sticks, also the yaw pedals on the co-pilots side will be 'locked off', again to stop any unwanted inputs by passengers.

Bell%20206%202_zpsn9ayhmin.jpgBell%20206%201_zpsdccsc6gh.jpg

I'm leaving this part now to dry and settle, turning my attention to the trans deck and engine areas.

I've assembled the kit engine, two parts and the Main trans with mast. the rest is card, rod and glue. More to be added like the pipework and control rods.

IMG_1838_zpsggcs50b8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, after a little while away from the Group Build here is it as it stands.

I've started to add paint to the sub assemblies. After this I've started to bring the sub assemblies together.

IMG_1869_zpsjh5lvtle.jpg

IMG_1867_zpsewns14ol.jpg

I've extended the flight console to represent a BIII Jet Ranger and not the early version in the kit. Check out the huge molding pin, the kit is covered in these. Also added, is the rear 'carpet' panel. 

IMG_1871_zpso8tcdn7i.jpg

IMG_1873_zpsbf9vfzgf.jpg

IMG_1870_zps0soz0wll.jpg

The major advancement was finding a guy in Germany who sells 3D printed, 1/32 High skids with a flight step. All I need to do is add Pop Out floats, pipework and add an extension to the rear of the floats. 

I hope to add more very soon.