Hi guys 

Anybody know if there are any plans to release an aftermarket tail base for the F-16A ADF? 

The Revell/Monogram F-16 ADF is not my favourite, and Wolfpack's ADF conversion is OOP and did get critique for propotion issues. Italeri's tail is far off too, and Daco is still far from relasing his tail base conversion set?  PWMP has a nice tailbase, but would have thought that there would be other alternatives too? 

So what are we left with? 

Tree "E" in the Kinetic kit has an ADF tail base, but the tree is only included in the A/B boxings. The C/D/E/F kits have the appropriate tail parts on tree "F".

Edited by habu2
1 hour ago, Niels said:

Thanks Habu2, but the Kinetic kit has dissapointed me too many times unfortunatelly. 

Understand, but your options are limited. You're going to have to do some kit-bashing anyway, be it Kinetic or Revell or aftermarket resin.

Ask around, maybe someone has the Kinetic parts laying around in their spares box. I believe they are parts E3 & E4.

I have four different ADF tail bases: two resin (PWMP and Italian Kits) and two plastic (Revell and Kinetic). And none of them is fully correct... And the old Revell tail seems to be the easiest to make useful...

the only good tails for ADF were made by Cutting Edge, I used 8 of them.

A few years ago a company from California was working on a new convesion set for the Tamiya kit, Michael Valdez may know more, I'm sorry I can't remember the name of that Company,

I recently finished one and I cut the base off the Revell  kit, scribed it correctly, then glued the Hasegawa tail on top. You'd never know it wasn't made that way. Easiest way I've found...

Jeff