KitBase 2 Under Development (App for Scale Modellers)

kitbase2_main_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Steve Bamford for allowing me to post.

Hi All,

I am the developer of KitBase (database application for scale modellers and collectors).

A brand new version of KitBase has been under development since early 2016. It's transforming into a much more flexible way to keep track of wanted, owned, sold and traded models.

My main drive has been to rewrite the database engine from the ground up to be cross-platform (Windows, Android, iOS and ultimately Mac).

If you are new to KitBase, you can buy the current version (1.4) right now and receive a free upgrade when KitBase 2 is released. Your data will be imported automatically into KitBase 2.

You can read more about the current version of KitBase or download a free trial here:
http://www.suisoft.co.uk/kitbase/index.htm

I have posted some information on the Suisoft website, explaining new features and pricing:
http://www.suisoft.co.uk/kitbase/kitbase2.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Quick question, will there be a way (although very dangerous to know) to see how many owned, unbuilt kits are in the database? I can't easily do that in KitBase I without actually counting up a column...a very long column... Thanks, I'll testify to KitBase I's working very well. KitBase II looks like it might be more work for the user but that's because it looks like it can do much more.

27 minutes ago, Grey Ghost 531 said:

Quick question, will there be a way (although very dangerous to know) to see how many owned, unbuilt kits are in the database? I can't easily do that in KitBase I without actually counting up a column...a very long column... Thanks, I'll testify to KitBase I's working very well. KitBase II looks like it might be more work for the user but that's because it looks like it can do much more.

Hi Dave,

You should be able to do that very easily in KitBase if you have the 'Built' field in the view. If the field isn't there, use the 'Customise Current View' link on the left to add it in.

Just choose 'Owned' status (on the left) then use the filter at the top of the 'Built' column. Choose 'No'. The count will be at the bottom left, in the status bar.

I have included a screenshot below, illustrating this.

RE: KitBase II

I have worked hard to make KitBase 2 just as intuitive as KitBase 1. The same forms, views and reports will be available out of the box, however there are many more ways to customise if required.

Hope this helps.

Gary

58c15e9099c63_BuiltFlag.thumb.jpg.7bc788121677f3426bd84d12f7585c4c.jpg

Edited by KitBaseGary