Well, done the big boy. This is not the Phantom I wanted to do. Seems the box from JG-71 did not come with decals. Crap.

Guess it will be blue instead of red.

DSC_0069.jpg

When going colorful, why not the Pferdsfeld F-4 with the big horse on?  Was it experts choice who made decals?

Otherwise the darkblue one is nice, never seen it as model. Only the boxes in the racks and on evil bay.

All ready did that one. This IS Phantom #190 after all. Yep Expert Choice did the decals, I think. I remember that the decals shattered and I had to paint one of the horse heads by hand.

Looking like I might switch to a different scheme. Can not find the decal placement instructions.

Hold tight Shawn. I have this same boxing on the way to me in the mail. I can send you scans of the decal placement when it gets in (according to USPS tracking, it was supposed to be yesterday, so today or tomorrow).

Well, that would be great thanks. All . I need is the placement for the decals. I can guess everything on the left side from the box photos. But I have no idea what the bottom or right side look like.

Looking at your picture above, I got excited and thought Hasegawa did the right thing and includes the original decals in the box, along with the special markings.

Silly me.

Anyhow, a photo of the decal instructions. Let me know if you need a close-up of any sections.

1489176384404_1087767947.jpg

No, this should help a lot!!! Thanks

Did not get anything done today. Had the day off, fixed the car, then promptly knocked a bunch of models off the shelf.

repairs continue.

24 minutes ago, phantom said:

No, this should help a lot!!! Thanks

Did not get anything done today. Had the day off, fixed the car, then promptly knocked a bunch of models off the shelf.

repairs continue.

sorry to hear that :(

5 minutes ago, speedlimit said:

I apologize if you think I was intruding. I only meant to help Shawn with his build. Let me know and I will erase what I previously posted.

Eric

Nah, I'm not offended. I said that with a light heart. It just didn't translate into text.

That said, your build looks great. Do you know if the gray tanks were fit to the real thing? It looks much better with tanks than without.

I wasn't going to build this decal version, but after seeing yours, I'm beginning to give it a second thought.

Anyway, back to Shawn's phantoms.

47 minutes ago, RKic said:

Do you know if the gray tanks were fit to the real thing? It looks much better with tanks than without.

Dont worry its all good. Here is the pic of the real thing with the tank.

892ACD25-7DCA-47C1-B364-999F8D143491-802

And here is a better view of the real thing underneath.

B81B1A56-60BC-4FA5-8F2C-0413503CE21B-802

Cheers,

Eric

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Trying out my crazy idea.......

DSC_0086.jpg

Oh, that's going to be an outstanding display! I've been truly enjoying in-flight displays lately!

Are you going to use those wooden dowels or some other material, like perhaps acrylic rods?

Also, what are your thoughts on one or two mounting rods?

As of now I am sticking with wood. I have no idea where to find acrylic rods. Been looking but not finding.

Prob going with two rods per plane, I just have the one in for now.

I got mine from a shop for architects. Thes supply material for the Building of model houses. Also Evergreen plast, acrylic, paint, glue...

Hope that helps. Maybe there is also an online shop in CDN for architects!?

I got 1/2, 1/4, and 3/16in rods in 24in lengths from onlinemetals.com. They also have 1/8, 3/4, and 1in diameters.

A single rod worked on my X-37B (mounted on the bottom) and an F-16 (mounted in the exhaust). For the F-4F, I'm torn between 2 rods because there are 2 exhausts or 1 rod in 1 exhaust because it's only a mounting fixture. Yes, I'm overthinking this...