kotey

Future decal from Begemot - Su-24Ms from Russian VKS in Syria.

45 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm working about new decals - "Russian VKS Su-24Ms in Syria" - in 1\72 and 1\48 scales.

Decal + selfaghesive masks

Its will look something like this:

Su-24M%20Syria%2072%20&%2048.jpg

Edited by kotey

WOW!!

What about the stencils ? 

Stencil decals we already have about four year in 1\72  and 1\48  scales. For aircraft and all armament.

Also we have all other markings (Su-24, Su-24M, Su-24MR, Su-24MP) - except Syrian operation, in 1/72 and 1\48  scales.

I know but many stencils are different. 

I havn't so detail photos stencil from Syria for check different stencil on Su-24Ms aircraft, than standard or not.

Any chance there will be a Su-34 sheet for Syrian ops as well?

Su-34 will be a big decal, i'll include all Su-34s and full stencil set.

2 minutes ago, kotey said:

Su-34 will be a big decal, i'll include all Su-34s and full stencil set.

Ah good deal then. I shall hold off and wait for the Begemot sheet. Any idea on a timeframe?

I just starrt collect information about Su-34s, so i can\t say you release time, maybe in the end 2017- first half 2018.

1 minute ago, kotey said:

I just starrt collect information about Su-34s, so i can\t say you release time, maybe in the end 2017- first half 2018.

Good enough. Might have to pick up a 48 Su-24 and snag this sheet as well

6 hours ago, pacheco said:

I know but many stencils are different. 

At that scale do you believe someone is going to actually read them?

Is not a question of reading. Some Su-24 had stencils in the form of colored dots (red, yellow and blue). 

1 hour ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

At that scale do you believe someone is going to actually read them?

Don’t underestimate the knowledge of contest judges. You could come across a judge who points out that the No Push stencils (in Russian) on your model were not used on the aircraft that saw service in Syria. 

:taunt:

Steven Brown
Scale Model Soup

53 minutes ago, thegoodsgt said:

Don’t underestimate the knowledge of contest judges. You could come across a judge who points out that the No Push stencils (in Russian) on your model were not used on the aircraft that saw service in Syria. 

:taunt:

Steven Brown
Scale Model Soup

Oh yes...of course the "power of the force" . If I am that judge and was going to be that anal about it I had better have my references handy to prove it. I have judged in too many contests where there are judges that have "zero" knowledge of the subject they're judging and are only looking at the number one priority - Construction mistakes and errors.

:taunt: back at ya.

Awesome! I'll definitely purchase a set.

Excellent news. 

I will definitely get the Su-24M in Syria decals when they come out. 

14 hours ago, pacheco said:

Is not a question of reading. Some Su-24 had stencils in the form of colored dots (red, yellow and blue). 

Sukhoi had a special system for the stencils with the coloured dots. The different coloured dots pointed to stencils / panles with a particular level of maintenance. Like one colour for every post flight service. So the ground personal had to look only for the spots of certain colour when doing this or that level of servicing.

I think it was a clever system!!!

And Sukhoi aircraft always had a lot of stencils providing the maintenance teams a full information for their work. I have seen the Su-22 in the paint shop and they had some 700 or 800 stencils on them!!!

Best regards

Gabor

16 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Oh yes...of course the "power of the force" . If I am that judge and was going to be that anal about it I had better have my references handy to prove it. I have judged in too many contests where there are judges that have "zero" knowledge of the subject they're judging and are only looking at the number one priority - Construction mistakes and errors.

:taunt: back at ya.

I guess I've been lucky. In my twenty years of judging I've seen only the basics assessed. I've never heard any comment regarding accuracy affect the outcome of the category.

Now I know.....about the Suhkoi colors on their stencils. This will be something I watch for in the future.

3 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

So the ground personal had to look only for the spots of certain colour when doing this or that level of servicing.

Some time ago I remember seeing one video where the colour dots where well visible. But now I´m not finding it. 

I know this is slightly off topic, but since it's Su-24 related and I am using your excellent decals already. Is light ghost grey the best match for the standard su-24 color? Are the su-24 and the Mig-31 the same color or different?

thanks

Posted (edited)

I don't know for sure, but based on new TwoBobs Su-24/34 decals instructions and Mr. Paint catalog, it looks like this is the same color "Traffic Grey". I also suspect that Tu-22M2/3 is painted with the same color.

Edited by Helmsman

Vaildog, sorry, i don't see you post before.  

Yes, this grey on Su-24Ms and MiG-31s look same

su24mig31.jpg

Posted (edited)

Actually after writing my previous post I looked in Begemot instructions for both Su-24 and MiG-31 and they show different greys: 25237 for MiG and 26375(which is light ghost grey) for Su-24.

So it's kind of confusing :)

Edited by Helmsman