Future decal from Begemot - Su-24Ms from Russian VKS in Syria.

I'm working about new decals - "Russian VKS Su-24Ms in Syria" - in 1\72 and 1\48 scales.

Decal + selfaghesive masks

Its will look something like this:

Su-24M%20Syria%2072%20&%2048.jpg

Edited by kotey
1 hour ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

At that scale do you believe someone is going to actually read them?

Don’t underestimate the knowledge of contest judges. You could come across a judge who points out that the No Push stencils (in Russian) on your model were not used on the aircraft that saw service in Syria. 

:taunt:

Steven Brown
Scale Model Soup

53 minutes ago, thegoodsgt said:

Don’t underestimate the knowledge of contest judges. You could come across a judge who points out that the No Push stencils (in Russian) on your model were not used on the aircraft that saw service in Syria. 

:taunt:

Steven Brown
Scale Model Soup

Oh yes...of course the "power of the force" . If I am that judge and was going to be that anal about it I had better have my references handy to prove it. I have judged in too many contests where there are judges that have "zero" knowledge of the subject they're judging and are only looking at the number one priority - Construction mistakes and errors.

:taunt: back at ya.

14 hours ago, pacheco said:

Is not a question of reading. Some Su-24 had stencils in the form of colored dots (red, yellow and blue). 

Sukhoi had a special system for the stencils with the coloured dots. The different coloured dots pointed to stencils / panles with a particular level of maintenance. Like one colour for every post flight service. So the ground personal had to look only for the spots of certain colour when doing this or that level of servicing.

I think it was a clever system!!!

And Sukhoi aircraft always had a lot of stencils providing the maintenance teams a full information for their work. I have seen the Su-22 in the paint shop and they had some 700 or 800 stencils on them!!!

Best regards

Gabor

16 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Oh yes...of course the "power of the force" . If I am that judge and was going to be that anal about it I had better have my references handy to prove it. I have judged in too many contests where there are judges that have "zero" knowledge of the subject they're judging and are only looking at the number one priority - Construction mistakes and errors.

:taunt: back at ya.

I guess I've been lucky. In my twenty years of judging I've seen only the basics assessed. I've never heard any comment regarding accuracy affect the outcome of the category.

I know this is slightly off topic, but since it's Su-24 related and I am using your excellent decals already. Is light ghost grey the best match for the standard su-24 color? Are the su-24 and the Mig-31 the same color or different?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know for sure, but based on new TwoBobs Su-24/34 decals instructions and Mr. Paint catalog, it looks like this is the same color "Traffic Grey". I also suspect that Tu-22M2/3 is painted with the same color.

Edited by Helmsman

Actually after writing my previous post I looked in Begemot instructions for both Su-24 and MiG-31 and they show different greys: 25237 for MiG and 26375(which is light ghost grey) for Su-24.

So it's kind of confusing :)

Edited by Helmsman

Excellent -in for these, plus the Fullback monster sheet! I have to say, the Flanker series (Su-27/33/35S) sheets are awesome; the Su-27 stencil sheet has a fine selection of weapon markings and even includes the full set of graphics for the humungous Moskit ASM, which Armory left out of their resin kit! Useful, to say the least, as I hope to model the MAKS 1995 Su-33 one day...if my eyesight and fingers hold out long enough.

To Helsman - I'm check, yes, actually in fabric documents this is different greys on Su-24Ms and MiG-31s.

To Steveski - yes, this too

To ChippyWho - i'm collect information for design Hellduck (Su-34) decal, a little later i'll start work for this decal,

23 minutes ago, kotey said:

To Helsman - I'm check, yes, actually in fabric documents this is different greys on Su-24Ms and MiG-31s.

To Steveski - yes, this too

To ChippyWho - i'm collect information for design Hellduck (Su-34) decal, a little later i'll start work for this decal,

Interesting! d'also love to put that Turk's Viper side by side... you dun get that many chances to do a modern day jets duel...