Painting the F-18 in reality?!

It seems that this is not an airworthy airframe. Must be a gate guard or something like that. Flaps are still installed an not even fully extended. Yea, they are just splattering paint on it so it looks nice.

So do you mean that this is not the way the aircraft is painted in reality? hmm.. the title says ""Corosion Maintenance" and it sounds like an ordinary flying plane, but of course i`m not sure about that.

I remember a clip showing how the F-35 is painted - with a robot... While this Hornet seems to be painted by hand and it kinda makes sense as the A-version is a rather old-school plane.

9 minutes ago, my favs are F`s said:

So do you mean that this is not the way the aircraft is painted in reality? hmm.. the title says ""Corosion Maintenance" and it sounds like an ordinary flying plane, but of course i`m not sure about that.

I remember a clip showing how the F-35 is painted - with a robot... While this Hornet seems to be painted by hand and it kinda makes sense as the A-version is a rather old-school plane.

lookie here for some nice paintjobs

https://vimeo.com/regisrocca

A full repaint of an operational aircraft is normally done in a paint hangar.  touch up's are done in the hangar bay or in the hangar shore side.  This is a static Hornet on display.  They are just sanding back any bubbling paint or corroding areas....and slapping on a coat of paint (over everything including a few things that aren't supposed to be painted over).

Cheers

Collin

It does not seem like its a flying aircraft. I dont think they can and should paint an airframe in open air. In the open, particles can stick in the paint that might be harmful to drying paint.