Facebook users, question for you

I'm new to Facebook and recently started a page for HazMAT Models.

I thought it would be best to put the OV-10 Bronco pics in one album and future kits in a new album.

Problem is, every time I make a new post and put the new photos in the album, the post is titled "Hazmat Models added x# new photos to the album: OV-10A Bronco" and all the previous album comments show up again.

If I just add the pictures to a new post they are not added to the album.

Apparently moving images from the timeline photo album to the Bronco album causes the timeline post to disappear and the comments are lost. Or does it?

Do I have to create a new album every time I make a new post to have only new comments appear? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having an album?

I've Googled and couldn't find a good solution. It seems the problem has existed for years.

Apparently one work-around is only uploading one pic to the album then waiting a day and uploading the next. This apparently keeps them in the album and also shows as a unique post with individual new comments. But I want to upload several images at one time.

Any suggestions?

:cheers:

Lemme see if I understand.

1) You put 1 or more photos in an album.

2) FB puts notice of your new photos in your timeline.

3) Comments on the photos show up in the album and your timeline.

And...you don't want the comments also in the timeline?

My wife tells me you're fighting the way FB wants to work.

I don't do FB. My wife does; she has multiple pages, including for her businesses.

2 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Lemme see if I understand.

1) You put 1 or more photos in an album.

2) FB puts notice of your new photos in your timeline.

3) Comments on the photos show up in the album and your timeline.

And...you don't want the comments also in the timeline?

My wife tells me you're fighting the way FB wants to work.

I don't do FB. My wife does; she has multiple pages, including for her businesses.

Not exactly.

I should have specified that this is a business page so it doesn't have the same 'timeline' as personal pages do. It has sections for 'photos' and 'posts' that show up below where the timeline is on a personal page.

So:

1) I put new photos in my album.

2) FB adds the photos to the album and they show in the photo section below, fine.

__FB also adds a new post showing the new pics in the post section below, fine.

3) Comments from the album show up in the album, fine.

__All of the previous comments about that album show on the new post, not fine.

I want the new post to start with no comments and have people comment on the new content. I don't want the same list of comments showing up again and again every time I add new pictures to the album.

One thing I'm noticing on other business pages is that in the photos/albums section they have an album titled "timeline photos". I am assuming that this will be added automatically when I post a photo that isn't added to a specific album.

Another thing I'm noticing is looking at several business pages, they haven't used or updated their previous albums or added new ones (for years in some cases). I'm assuming this is because of the same problem I'm having and they've abandoned using albums altogether...

:bandhead2:

Take a look at my albums (Chuck Wojtkiewicz)- I just add new pics to a project album and everything works just fine. The whole " All of the previous comments about that album show on the new post " is just the way it's set up- people understand and deal with it. You can edit out any reader posts you don't like, any time you want.

Hi Chuck, thanks for the input.

The situation doesn't seem as bad in your case as you are very active and make lots of posts that separate the 'added to album' entries.

In my case I've made 3 entries with little in between so the same repeated replies shows up almost back to back.

On 3/11/2017 at 10:57 AM, chukw said:

The whole " All of the previous comments about that album show on the new post " is just the way it's set up- people understand and deal with it.

Being new and unfamiliar with Facebook, it seems broken to me. I guess if it's just the way it is I'll have to accept it.

It seems it would be better if they let you create a new post with pics and allow you the option to designate what album the pics are filed. Such that new comments on the timeline are relevant to the new pics.

:cheers: