Think We'll Ever See a 1/48th B-47?

Just laid eyes on one for the first time when I was down near Barksdale, AFB.  Truly a beautiful bird. Would love to see it in 48th (preferably the RB version).   It's a true icon of the cold war, think we'll ever get one in 48th?

79929006-FCEC-4768-8600-85758F38DAF3_zps

If I know anything about this game, it is 'Never say never'. There is a shedload of stuff around now that I wouldn't have dreamed of being kitted when I got (back) into modelling as a 'Mature Student' 12 years ago.

But personally, I'd be really happy with a new 1/72 Strat tool! For me, the only bomber EVER that can be described as beautiful -or, as someone put it on another forum, "...a Corvette among Kenworths"!

i was about to answer that if you figure out the monogram 1/72 b-52 in 1/48 it makes a big model, quite a BIG model; and the b-47 is smaller, but not THAT smaller than a b-52.

now, it's true that the large scale models are very fashionable these days, but, wow, one must live in a hangar to display such a huge plane.

i dunno if the manufacturers can afford to offer what should be par force such a limited sale kit...

...then i fell on the link to sanger posted  by homebe...and my mouth dropped open...wow...what a beauty!...

in any case, this one is obviously indeed intended  for a limited, really amateur market, starting from the vac-u-form medium which isn't every even expert modeler's daily bread.

otherwise 45 gbp would be a very cheap price for such a kit if it came, injected, from hasegawa/tamiya/italeri/monogram and such...hmmmhhh: inviting...:rolleyes: