Westland Wessex HC.2 in 1/72, Italeri

My second project here will be a Westland Wessex HC.2 in 1/72. I will use the Italeri kit for this project.

IMG_6585_zpsruhc0l7y.jpg

I had just started my build, when the whole project stalled (literally during the first minutes of the project): The HU-5-version I bought is not suited for a HC.2-version! The cabin windows are too wide!

IMG_6586_zpsza7yj7d2.jpg

So I´ll have to work on things like the nose, cabin-details, cockpit, rotor and so on until my ordered UH-34 arrives. That kit will provide the cabin that´s needed to do a HC.2.

HAJO

The second pair of cabins arrived on wednesday, so I was able to continue my project:

IMG_6587_zpstkkjzy7h.jpg

Before I was able to close the two halves, I worked on two pilots:

IMG_6589_zpslzs1ddwi.jpg

And painted the pilots:

IMG_6593_zpsjltn0z03.jpg

The interiour of the cabin will be without much detail on this build, I plan to put a british soldier into the open door.

IMG_6590_zpsuqdkvv9v.jpg

HAJO

I used some putty to close the fuel-nozzles and the steps.

IMG_6594_zps6wq9tgap.jpg

The rest of the helicopter went together quite quickly:

IMG_6603_zpsv8qu740w.jpg

IMG_6604_zpsko5amuz1.jpg

The windshield needed some minor adjustments because of the different nose (at least that was my impression), but nothing really serious.

IMG_6605_zps1e3mqymr.jpg

And now it´s time for painting!

HAJO

Some updates. I painted the model with green, something I mixed weeks ago, using Revells 65 as base, lightened up with white and yellow:

IMG_6606_zps2ypuldy1.jpg

And then I started mixing the darker green. I poured in quite a number of colors into my 65, until I realized that I has grabbed greengrey 66 instead! Uops!

I finally used 67 for the dark green - original color, no mix. ;)

IMG_6609_zpsq9gu338h.jpg

And just some minutes ago I painted some blobs of clear gloss for the decals:

IMG_6610_zps3t7tsfc4.jpg

HAJO

you make good progress with your wessex. Seams you like mixing unlike me. I would have gone with the Xtra paints for that scheme (lazy me).

Why only make splotches with gloss clear? Later the gloss and not gloss parts will have a different "deepth" or "shine" even when you spray matt clear cote over. Just my 0,2€...

Yeah, mixing colors is something I don´t really enjoy (otherwise I wouldn´t build and mix all the time instead ;) ), but I usually have no trouble doing it. And of course I´m relatively easy satisfied as long as the color somehow fits the original...

As for the clear blotches... Yes, you are right... Maybe I`ll do it next time...

Helo is finished, by the way, but I was out in the Zoo with the kids today and will be traveling until thursday from tomorrow on. Will post pictures next friday.

HAJO

• 3 weeks later...