F-84 F Thunderstreak & Mk. VII nuke (1/72)

hi everybody.

although with some apprehension as a total newby, i dare to post the link to my last project, a 1/72 old italeri all-raised-lines thunderstreak.

it's the only one, together with the (italeri)/testors and airfix/mpc f-84f kit available in 1/72nd. shame on the hobby-maker brands!

actually, i was rather shy about doing this, but i thought that even if i'm an absolute beginner on ARC forum, all in all i build models since the age of 6...so at over sixty i can call myself an experienced modeler if not really a pro, which i never even tried to be.

i did participate to one exhibition only, and it was in the mid seventies. otherwise, my models have been shown only to friends.

nevertheless, here on ARC i have found such a friendly welcome that i thought that i could dare "show off" some of my job.

so i start with my last effort i'm  happy enough with the outcome of, also as for evoking a '50s-cold war atmosphere with this small, overloaded lone jet intended to drag into the sky with its atom egg to transform some pieces of soviet armor into a radioactive mushroom, which despite the LABS maneuver, was likely to engulf herself.

i tried hard to find the 81st fighter-bomber wing decals with their proudly represented atomic mushroom. it's a microscale out-of-print set i have eventually got courtesy of pete from the netherlands who answered my s.o.s. on ARC.

in order to have it more mean and business-meaning i avoided the too colourful red painting of the nose. i also referred to pics online.

as for the nuke it's a spectre resins product, to be resin really bare and imprecise with very few details, which i had to detail myself a bit referring to pics online too.

the cockpit was virtually absent in the kit, so i took an airwaves dedicated p.e. set that worked quite well, but for some other parts which were definitely oversized and had to be discarded.

as ARC allows only 0,1 mb of uploading, and i don't know how other members succeeded in uploading so many pics (any hint please?), i am posting the link to "google foto" where there are even too many views of my 'streak: https://goo.gl/photos/Si9HTL4ws8sna83W6

by the way, you'll notice that there are a drop tank and pylon and a main gear door hanging. they detached  -trying to use as less glue as possible is a good thing but one risks to exceed in the opposite...- during the photo session and i didn't notice through the camera viewfinder. with some swearing, i fixed them immediately after...!

thanks for your kind atention and benevolence. bobo.

As I said before. Very nice job on that old Italeri kit. The airwaves bits certainly helped.

I use Photobucket to host my photos here on ARC. It's not without its problems sometimes, but I have been using it for years, so I have learned how to work with it. Others use sites like Flickr or Imgur. Maybe even Google Photos can bed used. I never tried, so no idea.

Lokking forward to more models!