Italeri 1/32 F-35: Anyone buy one yet?

On 3/17/2017 at 10:49 AM, Mr Matt Foley said:

I'm interested in hearing about the accuracy of this kit. Granted there is not much out there to go by, but it does hold some interest for me.

Looks like CyberModeler has acquired that kit for a quick review.  Link:------> https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/it/kit_it_2506.shtml

Mike's review on Cybermodeler is a great start. We need others to try to check the nuances as far as shape etc. I can certainly see aftermarket burner can, cockpit, wheel wells and weapons bay as well. I would imagine that would push the cost closer the $250-300 US to build a well detailed sample. I would also hope that we see some decals from operational F-35's (Hill AFB?).

27 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Mike's review on Cybermodeler is a great start. We need others to try to check the nuances as far as shape etc. I can certainly see aftermarket burner can, cockpit, wheel wells and weapons bay as well. I would imagine that would push the cost closer the $250-300 US to build a well detailed sample. I would also hope that we see some decals from operational F-35's (Hill AFB?).

Kind similar to the real cost of the plane? :-)

Id have to post pics when i get home. Im getting back into building models and scratch building. I'm hoping to get some my scratch built stuff i constructed from drawings evaluated, that I hope to see turned into kits some of them are of Rq-3a Darkstar, Mcdonnell Douglas/Boing Bird of Prey and Northrop Tacit blue Technology Demonstrators. Im looking at another party to construct the details on computer, stuff with finer details. Scales wi be both 1/48 and 1/32. Havent started on th larger ones yet. Just the 1/48 patterns. There are picturesof these on the net floating. I had another profile. Forgot passwords. 

I got mine but the whole top fuselage was cracked. It was odd because it was packed very well and the outer box had no signs of impact.  anyway, other than that, the kit itself seems to be very nice. and will be very impressive build up. first thing I noticed is that the ram tape representation is underdone, meaning, alot of the detail was not modeled into the surface. the pe companies will jump on this for sure. the cockpit is pretty nice for an italeri product, and there was alot of detail in the missile bays. cant speak on accuracy yet, but at first glance, It is much better than I expected.