Pretty sure my family are trying to get rid of me.

Last birthday they bought me a 30min introductory flying lesson, which I did last weekend down at Camden south of Sydney.  Was supposed to go up in a little 2-seat Citabria, but we ended up taking a 4-seat Piper.

Before photos

PlaneHug_zpsn8d87gse.jpg

Seated_zpspe1xxpiu.jpg

Pilot2_zps6okkfjct.jpg

I foolishly asked what happened if you keep everything steady, but alternatively pump each rudder pedal which he demonstrated, then we did some steep turns, dives, climbs.  Only pulled about 2Gs which he said is soft compared to stunt pilots (10G+) but I knew about it in my guts and head.

After photo

AirSick_zpsbpuvtssf.jpg

And for my birthday just gone, I get to dive with sharks :OMG-OMG:

SharkDive_zpsbmdostur.jpg

I used to watch my pilots come back after their flights and their faces would show the depressions from their oxygen masks as they made their way to debriefing.  I used to have a standing offer to grab the back seat of one of our T-33s, F-106, or F-15s if I had the time and a seat was open.  I thanked them but never took them up on it.

From the looks of it, you like to live dangerously.  Have you considered diving on the wrecks at Truk Lagoon or Bikini Atoll?

4 hours ago, ikar said:

From the looks of it, you like to live dangerously.  Have you considered diving on the wrecks at Truk Lagoon or Bikini Atoll?

I've never scuba dived before, but they will give me 2hrs instruction, then I get in the big aquarium at Manly with the sharks.

Sharks don't bother me, nor snakes or spiders.  But magpies, they scare the crap out of me the evil mothers.

This is all my families fault - they keep buying me these scary things as presents.....but I quite like it :thumbsup:

You look like you survived very well!!!

There's nothing like feeling the awesome power of an F-18 as you rocket vertically to FL16, feeling the G's as you do wind up turns in a T-Bird, or go lo-level thru the trees in an F-5 - BUT - if you want to honk your guts, do MAD Comps in an Aurora (P-3)!!!!!