1/32 Wingnut Wings Albatros DV

G'day All,
Finally done......... some pics of my first ever Wingnut Wings kit ( It languished for about 5 years at the closed up fuselage stage on the shelf of doom when I chickened out of continuing the build first time around). yes.gif

Had fun finishing*it. A few firsts on this one i.e. a WW1 aircraft, rigging (that ez line is like trying to glue spider web!!), lozenge decals and trying to make a piece of grey plastic look like a wooden propeller.

As is my norm, all paint applied with a hairy stick using Humbrol and Tamiya paints. Photos to my usual crappy standard.

Cheers,

Devo

DV-6_zpsn6x7ro0b.jpg

DV-3_zpszuzzg10u.jpg

DV-1_zpslidtf7uj.jpg

Edited by Devo

Fantastic work!  You give hope to those of us who one day dream of building WW1 aircraft (I want to build the new WnW Camel but am anxious about the rigging).  Anyways, splendid build and I can hardly believe you brush painted this thing!  Great job!  More pics please!

Steve

21 hours ago, Falconxlvi said:

Fantastic work!  You give hope to those of us who one day dream of building WW1 aircraft (I want to build the new WnW Camel but am anxious about the rigging).  Anyways, splendid build and I can hardly believe you brush painted this thing!  Great job!  More pics please!

Steve

Thanks Steve. Here are some more pics. They are a bit blurry but I struggle with taking any decent pics.:rolleyes:

:beer4:,

Devo

DV-5_zpsa81dtavh.jpg

DV-2_zpsxu71mrv2.jpg

DV-4_zps9xswzqcx.jpg

51 minutes ago, a4s4eva said:

Great work Devo, that prop looks awesome 

Thanks Calum!

Luckily you get 4 props in this kit.......you should of seen my first attempt's.:crying:

:beer4:

Devo