What do you think, is this a valid fan for my spray booth ?My self made booth  dimensions 1 m x 0.75 m opening .

55m3/min

Price 300 £

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Atex-Portable-Ventilator-Axial-Blower-Extractor-Fan-Explosion-Proof-EX-Fumes-/331943308461?var=&hash=item7df9329082

Edited by EagleDriver

Only if you are painting 1:1 scale cars.  That fan is waaaaay overkill for a scale modeling paint booth. Based on the M3/min rating of even the smallest model I bet it would suck your model out of the booth and shred it into tiny pieces.

3 hours ago, habu2 said:

Only if you are painting 1:1 scale cars.  That fan is waaaaay overkill for a scale modeling paint booth. Based on the M3/min rating of even the smallest model I bet it would suck your model out of the booth and shred it into tiny pieces.

Exactly. You need something in the 6m3 per minute range or about 210 cfm  you can get them for about $60.00 in the states so you should shop in your area for something like that.....this rating will be more than enough for hobby applications... they have some ready to go booths for about 100.00 US on ebay that move in the 3m3 range .. they are pretty good for most applications...I have had one for many years now and love it!

• 3 weeks later...

Yessir,   If you have any electrical armature stores that sell electric motors and such, check them out.  I bought a squirrel cage fan (new in box) for ten bucks.  I mounted it on the top of my homemade paint booth.  It works great.