Region IV Convention 7-8 April 2017

Hello! This is a reminder that the IPMS Region 4 Convention, held in Dayton, Ohio, is only a few weeks away. My IPMS chapter, Wright Field Scale Modelers, has once again been selected to host the IPMS Region 4 convention. Previous regionals we have hosted have drawn as many as 700 contest entries, and we're expecting a similarly large turnout for 2017. 

As usual, our show will feature a legendary raffle, huge vendor area, and our highly acclaimed online model registration, which saves you from having to print your own forms. Also, we have some interesting seminars lined up for our patrons:

• Author Ken Keisel--"Wright Field--history in pictures"
  • Author Greg Spahr--"Boeing B-52"
  • Figure Painter Dave Youngquist--"Groundwork for bases and dioramas"
  • Jim Mesko--"US WWII armor colors and markings"

This year’s dates are April 7-8, 2017. As with our previous shows, the event will be held at the Hope Hotel and Conference Center at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio, just minutes from the National Museum of the US Air Force. The venue is a great site for a contest – plenty of room and well-lighted! – with on site-dining available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Interested vendors should act now - space is going fast. 

Full information including a complete list of contest categories may be found here: http://wrightcon.com/  Note that we are returning to traditional IPMS-style judging for 2017.

hawkwrench --  I am not sure about that.  You don't pass through any of the base gates.  You turn into the gate entry, but you'll take the immediate right into the parking lot about 50 feet before the gate sentry.  It's a weird situation...I think it started out as an extension of base billeting (not enough VOQs on base for all the training the base does) but was later privatized.  I am pretty sure it is staffed by federal employees (or contract support to federal employees), so it is probably federal property.

I am also a conceal carry holder and we have our monthly meetings there.  I was wondering the same thing myself.  I work on base so I am so trained that I don't even think about it.  I looked for a gun buster sign on the door to the hotel restaurant and didn't see one.

I am hesitant to ask about it because of the unintended consequences.  I'd be happy to, though, if you'd like....

You may also want to check out ohioccwforums.org

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it as long it doesn't attract attention to you if you know what I mean.

Better yet, just ask them if the hotel is considered federal property.

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench