WW II ordnance colors

I've not been successful learning the colors that bombs, rockets, and other droppable ordnance were painted in WWII.  I'm particularly interested in what colors bombs and 5-inch rockets were painted.  So far, my kit instructions on such stuff has been vague/nonexistent. 

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

One thing to keep in mind, most bombs were absolutely filthy.  Maybe the fins were a bit cleaner since they were typically kept in boxes until assembled but the bodies of the bombs were rolled into ships, dumped into muddy ammo storage areas and by the time they got mounted on aircraft were scraped, scratched and dirty. 

Always find it humorous when I see a nicely weathered aircraft with immaculate, shiny bombs hanging underneath.  

I can understand, ordnance ain't meant to last long, or need care.  Just so's it goes bang when it is asked.  But I'm going to paint them and mount them.  No weathering.  Happy enough to get reasonably authentic finish on the various bits and pieces.  Other stuff to do, like build more airplanes.

Thanks, everybody.  You've all helped.

• 3 weeks later...