Kamov Ka-27PL (HB 1/48)

IMHO this kit is undervalued. Interesting subject, easy to build, good level of details - it was a fun! Weak points are the interior (more or less fictitious) and the Russian decals (black outline instead of blue).

I used the following AM stuff:

- Seats: Quickboost

- PE (FOD, wipers): Brengun

- Decals: Begemot

Color by Akan. The copter was seen in September 1991 as a part of 830th Ship-based Antisubmarine Helicopter Regiment in Severomorsk-2

Hope you like it, I do...DSC_0150_zpserkvksc8.jpg

DSC_0149_zpsrsimzsxg.jpg

DSC_0148_zpsustyyd8n.jpg

DSC_0147_zpsdxee5t41.jpg

DSC_0151_zpsrllsflkc.jpg

• 1 month later...

I think over a month in this forum without critiques tells you that you have a great looking build here.

And since you stated this kit was interesting, easy, detailed and fun... that to me is the most important aspect of your project.

Congratulations.:thumbsup:

Ken

18 hours ago, Ken from NJ said:

I think over a month in this forum without critiques tells you that you have a great looking build here.

I hope it really is because of that! Awfully quiet here these days...

A magnificent model! One of my favorite choppers of which I've always liked to make a model. Wonderful finish and beautiful markings from just the right period. I would be glad to see more of the cockpit because at least the seats look great.

Edited by janman
spelling

This one went under the radar for me, glad it got bumped up again.

Really great build and dont see too many of those. I suspect the reason in part is the price which seems to be on the high side from what i have seen. But really nice and clean build.

Gotta love the Helix. Nice build. :thumbsup:

Don't know about the background, though. :tease:Could use a pic from a calendar or something like that. The build would surely deserve it.

Edited by ChernayaAkula
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice build - if I were to suggest one improvement it would be paint demarcation between the tyres and the hubs.

I really want this kit but they hugely over-priced it, so I unless I see one on a good sale or second hand, I shan't be buying one :(

Jon

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2017 at 10:50 AM, Berkut said:

This one went under the radar for me, glad it got bumped up again.

Me too..  Never saw this the first time.   Great build of a very cool subject.