Trumpy Su-9 & Su-11 question

Hello Gang.

Have anyone seen anywhere in the www the old Kazan Su-9 & -11 conversion sets meant for the KP Su-7, used with Trumpeter's recently released kits of the said aircraft?

I know redscalemodels released some aftermarket sets for both, but I'd like to know if anyone has attempted to use the old Kazan kits to dress up Trumpeter's kits.

I'd hate to have to sell mine to buy redscalemodels' stuff.

thanks,

Ernie A.

Why would anyone want to do that?  I don't know the Kazan sets, but as they were intended to convert a swept-wing aircraft into a delta and change the nose profiles, wouldn't it mean chucking most of them away?  Or are you saying the Trumpeter kits have terrible enough problems to need that sort of attention?

I built the Trumpeter Su-11 OOB and it was a real joy all the way through. Only area I had a question about was how the consoles in the cockpit were likely a bit too high and close together, but when all was said and done, you really couldn't tell at all. If you want a mix of IR and Radar R-98 missiles to hang underneath, that is about the only aftermarket stuff I think the kit really needs. 

I agree with you pigsty.

I wouldn't butcher the trumpeter kit to begin with. even though it may have its inaccuracies,  It's a way better starting point than starting with the KP Su-7 kit.  

I was just wandering whether if any of the Kazan set parts would be useful with the new trumpeter kits.  

Neeko, iirc the Kazan set comes with missiles, but I have to dig it up to determine if they're worth the effort.

thanks

E. Avila