A couple questions regarding F-4G's in Desert Storm:

1) By 1991 were all the AGM-88 HARMs and AGM-65 Mavericks definitely in light ghost gray, or were some still white? Tough to tell from photos, almost seems like a mix...?

2) When attaching single AGM-65 Mavericks to the inner wing pylons, was this done with a single rail? Meaning, as a modeler, should I cut one of the rails from the Hasegawa triple rail to attach directly to the wing pylon?

3) Was the ALQ-119 the usual ECM pod choice, presumably in the forward right Sparrow well?

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy
23 minutes ago, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

A couple questions regarding F-4G's in Desert Storm:

1) By 1991 were all the AGM-88 HARMs and AGM-65 Mavericks definitely in light ghost gray, or were some still white? Tough to tell from photos, almost seems like a mix...?

2) When attaching single AGM-65 Mavericks to the inner wing pylons, was this done with a single rail? Meaning, as a modeler, should I cut one of the rails from the Hasegawa triple rail to attach directly to the wing pylon?

3) Was the ALQ-119 the usual ECM pod choice, presumably in the forward right Sparrow well?

1. AGM-88's where always camouflage gray FS 36622.  AMG-65's could be either white, a olive drab color or light ghost gray depending on what version they were carrying.  I believe from what I can remember is that the white TV guide versions and the olive drave IR version where the most common at that time. 

2. All pics I have seen with phantoms carrying a single mav on pylon they still used the triple launcher

3. At the time of desert storm the ecm of choice was either the ALQ-131 or ALQ-184.  State side units used the 184 vs European based units used the 131 pod. 

Hope that helps 

Thanks! Got hooked on the idea of HARMS on the outers, single Mavericks on the inners, based on some photos I'd seen...not listed on the loadouts above, though. Seems like I read somewhere that the Mavs were added whenever they were headed toward Baghdad. 

That's the one! Now to decide OD or white mavs....

This is pre-planning, mind you, still gathering materials etc before it starts. 

As Red Green says, "I like to work on multiple projects at once, because that means I can work slowly."

Yep, got one. Hard part's out of the way (kit acquisition). And the Wolfpak decals, naturally :) 

HARMS off the Tamiya F-16CJ; Mavs, Sparrows and ALQ-131 from the Hase weapons sets.

Looking at the photo above, I could be wrong but it looks like the Mavs are not on triple-rails...?

I didn't even notice that. Ya your right. That does look like a single launcher.  You could make one from scratch or I know modern hobbies sells one.  Also don't forget about the antennas on the side of the nose. I can email a pic of what I'm talking about. 

1 hour ago, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

I was planning on just cutting off a single rail from the triple and using that, unless they use something differnt....

1 hour ago, achterkirch said:

Ya the LAU-117 is a tad bit different wouldn't be to hard to sratch build

Andrew D., as you mention the Wolfpak decals I presume you are in 1/72. You could get the LAU-117 from Modern Hobbies. I have some and they are very nice. 

You can modify the rails from the tripe laucher to become a LAU-117 in less than 15 minutes. I did it with my F/A-18C and it looks good for 1/72 scale. But the next time I would use large round tubing to make the braces or plates or whatever they are.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/295111-172-hasegawa-fa-18c-hornet/#comment-2833872