Fubuki4

Trumpeter 1/35 SA-6 Gainful Surface to Air Missile System

6 posts in this topic

This was a pretty nice kit to build.I did a Czech machine as the three tone camouflage was a bit more interesting than the overall Green Russian versions. The only real issue I had with the model was the track link diagram was 1 link short which was a bit of a pain. Looking at pictures, these things got a bit grubby and muddy when out on operations, but otherwise they seemed to be rather well cared for, so I went easy on the oil stains, paint chipping and rust streaks. I also kept the missiles clean and painted in semi gloss as I'd say the crews looked after the missiles more so than the vehicles. 

dMajeRJ.jpg

OU3vq0v.jpg

qxRIMXF.jpg

igbvH7p.jpg

eheMMuQ.jpg

2DNIRTz.jpg

nothing to criticize imho, always a nice touch to have grass sticking outta mud in tracks, nice subject nice build.

Really nice build. Got one of these in my "wanna build it" stash, but you know how that goes. Going to put it in a diorama with some figures to show the actual size of it?

Thats pretty cool. My only comment is that the missiles look way to clean compared to the vehicle. That said I guess you can say they are new reloads . 

Thanks guys.

Willc453 - no plans for any figures or a base. I'm not that good at figure painting either.

a4s4eva - I was kinda aiming for the clean missile look. In pictures the missiles looked pristine, despite the running gear being muddy. My guess was they either covered or cleaned the missiles regularly. 

I actually like the contrast between the missiles and the vehicle.  It calls attention to the vehicle's reason to be.  

Great job on a historically interesting subject!