Questions about color UH-1D Huey

Thanks Tank, much appreciated.

Does anyone happen to know what the rectangular object attached to the rear of the fuselage is?

I've since come across a photo of the starboard side which shows additional venting on the rear access panel, same as with the CUH-1H/CH-118 (photos for comparison) - I presume this is to do with additional equipment installed for operating in cold climes?

0948845.jpg?v=v40220304.jpg

On 18/07/2017 at 11:37 AM, midnightprowler said:

Anyone know the interior colors on a Canadian Rescue bird as in the above photo? IP, pilot seats, passenger seating, basic interior? How about seat layout?

Interior shots seem pretty hard to come by online, unfortunately. I've also been looking. Here's an early one though, hope it helps:

13086651_1008589499221079_28932121695138

EDIT, also cockpit of 118106 from 1993:

42762_1108175865.jpg

Thanks to Ray and Tank for the VXE-6 a/c info. If anyone comes across any more, on either the a/c or the antenna, please post!

Cheers,

Robert

Edited by RGS
9 hours ago, midnightprowler said:

Would the yellow birds be the same?

This was 118106 in Sept '92 ('pit shot above from '93, so that's accurate):

0213343.jpg?v=v40

And here she is in Sept '94:

1158966.jpg?v=v40

Not sure whether the cabin layout would be the same as with the (older) red/white livery. Looks as though the original hoist was still in use as of '92 though, plus the IP photo shows that the a/c was equipped with a radar altimeter during this time period. The cyclic grips are also non-standard for UH-1H; unsure whether CUH-1H/CH-118 were delivered with these grips or they were a later modification.

Edited by RGS
  • 5 years later...