1/32 F-16CM 55th FS "Operation Unified Protector 2011" (Tamiya)

Hi folks!

I recently finished my big scale Viper, built from the fabulous Tamiya kit with some aftermarket stuff thrown in.

I built it as a F-16CM 91-0389 from the 55th Fighter Squadron during Operation Unified Protector in August 2011, operating from Aviano Airbase.
The mixed loadout is chosen according to pictures of the aircraft taken on the 31st of August 2011.

The decals are a mix of the Afterburner Decals "Shaw Shooters" and Speed Hunter Graphics "Big Scale Vipers" sheets.

Aftermarket stuff used:

Black Box Cokpit
Aires Exhaust
Wheeliant Wheels
Shull24 AN/ALE-50
GT Resin Sniper pod and HTS pod
Videoaviation GBU-38
Eduard Exterior PE
Master Models AOA probes
Master Models Static dischargers

I also scratchbuilt some parts, like the JHMCS sensor, wheel well details and the BRU-57, which was converted from an Academy BRU-33.

Here is a link to the WIP: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/291022-tamiya-f-16cj-55th-fs-operation-unified-protector-2011-132/& 
F-16CM_55th_100.jpg

F-16CM_55th_101.jpg

F-16CM_55th_102.jpg

F-16CM_55th_103.jpg

F-16CM_55th_104.jpg

F-16CM_55th_105.jpg

F-16CM_55th_106.jpg

F-16CM_55th_107.jpg

F-16CM_55th_108.jpg

F-16CM_55th_109.jpg

More pictures will follow...

Cheers,
Markus 

Edited by delayar

More pictures...

F-16CM_55th_110.jpg

F-16CM_55th_111.jpg

F-16CM_55th_112.jpg

F-16CM_55th_113.jpg

F-16CM_55th_114.jpg

F-16CM_55th_115.jpg

F-16CM_55th_116.jpg

F-16CM_55th_117.jpg

F-16CM_55th_118.jpg

F-16CM_55th_119.jpg

I am still not satisfied with the picture quality, they are not as sharp as I wanted them to be, so mabye I will upload some more.

Cheers,
Markus 

Edited by delayar

Thank you!

I considered a Misawa jet, but then I found the picture with this badass loadout. ;-)

To be honest, i bought the Afterburner Shaw Shoters years ago, and since then the idea stuck.

Cheers,

Markus

I always thought the SEAD loadout was the baddest looking loadouut. 

I know this isn't the "Critique Corner" but ust one small thing I noticed and most people don't realize this. Your ALE-50 is painted on the back as a training load, it would be black with a "real world" load.  

Training:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ALE-50_towed_decoy_system#/media/File%3AF-16CM_2030_Turku_Airshow_2015_04_pylon.JPG

Real world:

https://topwar.ru/12650-buksiruemye-lozhnye-celi-raytheon-v-ale-50.html it's not the best pic but look at the back of the TF-3 launcher in pic about halfway down the page. 

Ih the dessert when they "walk'ed the dog" we'd have to go and search the runway for those stupid things, it was a pain in the fool.

I was impressed with the back of your AGM-88's most people make the back red for some reason, the cap is always black.

Again Awesome work.

Hi Matthew, I really appreciaty your comment, and I think I know what you mean, but I am not quite sure. 

Do you mean that the whole back section should be black, or just the covers of the decoys?

Regarding the AGM-88, I looked for pictures of the real thing and found pictures with a black back cap.

Thanks,

Markus

• 2 weeks later...

Such a beauty.....

This isn't the critique corner,but considering your attenttion to details I'll do a small suggestion,don't left the AOA probe in brass,as the real one is in a dark metal shade as surely you already know..

Gianni