Canadian online hobby shops??

I'm located in Manitoba and can't find a lot of things I would like to pick up such as mr.color primers and levelling thinner, ak interactive washes and pigments, humbrol paints etc..found some on eBay but the shipping is horrendous. A $4 bottle of paint comes with a $22 shipping fee.Where would be the best place to find this stuff where I'm not getting cleaned out on shipping? 

I'm in Ottawa and found Hobby Colours, from Greece, as a great source for paints I couldn't find anywhere else with excellent shipping prices and service. Not sure they have exactly what you want, but they do sell Akan paints which are really really good.

http://www.hobbycolours.com/index.php?osCsid=7108eb6bf1a9251d6530d1373666e18e

I have not seen Gunze paints in Canada in years. I heard it had something to do with the distributors not being able to buy it. I was using both Tamiya and Gunze but really liked the Gunze acrylic line. The levelling thinner I can get locally at a hobby shop here in my city, go figure.

I recently found that a store in Calgary, PM Hobbycraft, now has an Ammo Mig rack but it is mostly geared to the armour guys. I like their washes and use them on my aircraft models too. The rack was picked over with a lot of of the line empty. When I asked they did say it was pretty popular. They said they can do mail order but since I only live about 3 hours away I can wait until the next time I am down there.

33443355226_a9e7f6328c_c.jpgAmmo Mig rack by Chris Aleong

Stuff like AK and Mig is almost impossible to find in my neck of the woods. I found some from an online store in Poland called Quickweel

http://quickwheelstore.com/

Of course I ordered with some other stuff so shipping was ok.

Edited by skyhawk174
49 minutes ago, Adam1818 said:

Thanks for all the replys! I'll check a few out. I guess I should plan on making a big order as to save on shipping 👍🏻

Always a good idea. Hey I even get a couple of my other modelling buddies to find something to order and then I split shipping too so better all around.

I use Mr. Color exclusively now. There are shops in Toronto and Vancouver with the paints on the rack.

I can special order Mr. Color paints in Edmonton, but I have to order then in packs of six of the same colors. I can buy the thinners/ retarders locally.

The cheapest and fastest way to order is from this location:

http://www.sealmodel.com/

I order in bulk and have a complete set of Mr. Color at home. Each bottle is $1.50 to $2.00, for 15-20 bottles shipping is usually $10.00 from sealmodels.

For AK, I order directly from AK. I've paid as little as $2.00 for a bulk order.

I don't order anything from the US. Shipping is horrendous. I could probably order from Martians on Mars and get cheaper shipping than anything out of the States. IMHO, US shipping is the most expensive in the world, it wasn't always that way.

There is a gentleman here in Winnipeg who sells a lot of this stuff. Raptor Hobbies. raptorhobbiesint@gmail.com. If you're ready for a shameless plug, he usually brings his inventory to our IPMS Winnipeg meetings. First Wednesday of each month, St James Legion 1755 Portage Ave. Doors open at 19:00 hrs.

I order most of my alclad and other hard to get stuff from luckymodel especially when they have their 2$ flat shipping rate

Im actually looking for a source for the new mrp paints has of now shipping has been a killer