Pretty sure that's a Huey II. It has a single engine while the N model has two.  Of course the Heller kit is the same as the Italeri N and the cowling from an Italeri UH-1D/H will fit the N model kit so it is still doable.

Ray

28 minutes ago, HeavyArty said:

Here is another shot of the CBP Huey II in your pic.  It also looks to have the Bell 212/UH-1N wider cord rotor blades and tail rotor too.

635842487043166499-ZZZ-7609.jpg

Indeed, Gino, that is the definition of a Huey II.  The Huey II is the only OEM approved upgrade to the UH-1H.  The upgrade consists of the 212 drive train and tailboom as well as an L703 engine (same as AH-1F Cobra).  The 212 nose and MFDs are just two of many customer options.  Here's a beautiful Kenyan AF Huey II I actually got a flight in the other day.  Awesome aircraft!

Ray

Image may contain: airplane

1 hour ago, huey_crew_chief said:

More room for avionics upgrades 

You took the words right out of my mouth.  That's why the TH-1H has the 212 nose. She has three big MFDs instead of the regular steam gauges.  Below is a USAF TH-1H jumping the fence at Bell Ozark and the inside of a TH-1H showing the three big MFDs.

Ray

Image may contain: airplane, sky and outdoor

No automatic alt text available.

Ray,  Yes, i have robed the cowling from an old Italeri D kit. Now that you mention it the Heller and Italeri kits are the same ,never noticed.

Rod, I have seen that video many times, always good to see it again. Thanks for posting it.

I did get some work done on the IP, not quite finished.

000001.jpg

57 minutes ago, markm1245 said:

Ray,  Yes, i have robed the cowling from an old Italeri D kit. Now that you mention it the Heller and Italeri kits are the same ,never noticed.

Rod, I have seen that video many times, always good to see it again. Thanks for posting it.

I did get some work done on the IP, not quite finished.

000001.jpg

Looking great and I wouldn't change it, but just so folks know, the Huey II uses the old UH-1H panel.  Here's  a standard Huey II panel with steam gauges.  My photo.

Ray

No automatic alt text available.

You're right that sure looks like a 212/UH-1N panel.  I'm beginning to wonder if N7247C isn't actually and Eagle Single ( a conversion of the 212 to a single engine helicopter).  Brochure for the Eagle Single: http://www.eaglecopters.com/pdf/Eagle Single Certs/Brochure_SINGLE.pdf  I will have to ask if N7247C is actually a Huey II.  All the CBP Huey II's I know of have the old style nose like this one.  Photo is from Mac McMillan.

Ray

Image may contain: outdoor and water

Edited by rotorwash

General Kelly flying in the CBP Huey IIs. What a beautiful bird, definitly someone need to make decals for this one. Watch it till the end (Huey action starts at 7:30)

Rod.

Edited by salvador001