1/72 Tornado IDS "100,000 Hour" Tornado

Time to put some color on this model! I have applied the decals over the last few days and have just finished up with this step. I am using the Syhart decals and I am very impressed with their standard silk screened decals. Well done! I have had problems with the decals trying to lay down on the little vortex blades on the tail. After a lot of decal solvent, they still have not fully settled in. I plan on cutting them and doing a little patchwork with paint. Then it is on to the final clear coats and adding the nose cone, landing gear, stabilizers and fiddly bits!

OARVYg5.jpg?1

wHPht2R.jpg?1

nHnKzvp.jpg?1

0drosoL.jpg?1

Have fun modeling!

Mike

:cheers:

Thanks guys! You have definitely motivated me to try and finish this by the deadline. I have been able to mix some colors to match the places where the decal had some small splits so my brush painting touch-ups are drying. I plan on giving this an overall gloss clear coat before I leave for a week on a business trip. That should give me enough time to finish my Tornado by the end of the month. Stay tuned, it will be close!

Have fun modeling

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would post a little progress updater as we head into the home stretch for this GB. I am now adding the different subassemblies and detail parts/fiddly bits to my Tornado. It now looks the part! I have the landing gear on but I have not yet added the wheels or gear doors.

fp0aWV4.jpg?1

7xm8TV6.jpg?1

vP8ta9r.jpg?1

lkqmZZM.jpg?1

ZiMiSHl.jpg?1

Have fun modeling!

Mike

I made it to the finish line! I completed my Tornado earlier today for this GB. Here's how it looks like after I called it finished.

GVJ19jY.jpg?1

1nNscHO.jpg?1

zTB1t02.jpg?1

kn0ErFJ.jpg?1

And one sitting on my model bench after the last addition.

GUXpJy7.jpg?1

I'll post the final photos in the completed thread also. Thanks to the moderators for a fun GB and also to everyone who worked on a model in this GB. I learned a lot and you have inspired me to add a few more Luftwaffe models to my future plans!

Have fun modeling!

Mike

21 hours ago, Mike J. Idacavage said:

I'll post the final photos in the completed thread also. Thanks to the moderators for a fun GB and also to everyone who worked on a model in this GB. I learned a lot and you have inspired me to add a few more Luftwaffe models to my future plans!

Have fun modeling!

Mike

Well Mike...let's see and you will be one of the lucky guys and get something that will push your Luftwaffe mojo higher!? 

• 1 month later...