That's correct, the HARM didn't come online in any numbers until the early 80's, I think (others here will have a more precise date).

So, during the 70's in SEA war paint, they would have carried much of the same as the F-105G's, in the form of AGM-45 Shrikes and AGM-78 STANDARD ARMs. The Shrike is what I seem to have seen more of on the F-4G's, even though the -78 would have been preferred by Weasel crews as a true standoff weapon; the Shrike's range was less than the SAMs' range, meaning having to fly within the deadly range before being able to fire the Shrike. 

The F-4G came on to replace the F-105G, but arrived too late for Vietnam. The F-105G only arrived for the last bit of the war. The real workhorse for most of the conflict was the EF-105F, predecessor of the F-105G. 

There was an attempt to use F-4C's earlier in the war as Weasels, but they were ill-suited to the role. It was recognized that the F-4 would be a good replacement with a LOT more work, totally gutting and redoing the interior, which happened later in the form of the G.

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy

ok, thanks guys for the help and photos, especially the one with all the different missiles! next question: which aircraft were used after the F-4G for the WW missions and what can I use in 1/48, I know Tamiya put out a f-16CJ any others?

thank again!