Have a long-term Luftwaffe build plan going on.  Needs four 190A-8s and a 190F-8.

Saw a pretty good bunch of deals on Eduard Weekend Editions when I started prepping and getting kits over the past couple of years so I got a bunch.  Always heard good things about them.

Finally started building an Eduard A-8 after last Christmas...

... and it's still in pieces.

I'm taking ALL the blame for just not getting it:

-- can't get the wings to close up along the leading edge.

-- fuselage very fiddly around the wing root gun bays

-- nice engine but I only need it for the prop shaft to attach to the prop (panels gonna be closed up)

-- actually lined up the exhaust pipes easily enough but during dry fitting to fuselage and cowling could barely see them and only viewing from the rear

-- instructions call for fuselage and wing root guns be installed very early in the build and I broke off a gun barrel of course

I'll get through it I think.  I've been building a long time but I'm wondering if subconsciously I want kits to fall together moreso as I get older.  And I have four more kits, just hope I can learn from these current flubs.

Just feels better to let off a little frustration here.

Ken

I have built the D-9 version, so am quite well acquainted with the problems. If you don't want the cowl guns exposed, you're in for more fit problems with the cover. These FW kits are very labor intensive, and if you want things buttoned up, you're in for some work. For D-9s, my money goes to HobbyBoss. Their D-11 however needs a lot of help. Eduard tried to do too much, and over engineered their FW kits, with a lot of "make work" sub assemblies. I personally would not buy another Eduard FW.

Another "ouch" for my planned build is the three 190Ds I need.  And two are Eduard 190Ds I purchased already.:crying:

I've never minded a little more work to get things to fit, and I learned more about the plane/engine/ tank or whatever I was building.  But sometimes an easy quick build is appreciated as much.

Never quite gave up but I did walk away and let it sit for a few days at a time.

Thanks for looking, Hal.

Ken

2 hours ago, Ken from NJ said:

Never quite gave up but I did walk away and let it sit for a few days at a time.

Ken

that sounds to me like a good idea.

don't give up on the kit ; just let it sit for a few days (weeks?) and then do another session and let it sit some more.

do it in stages over time  :thumbsup:

As maybe a token of hope...

if you take your time and dry fit, believe me, it *will* click together.  The gun bay covers will not fit. They are too big and are most easily displayed open. But, overall, the Eduard 1:48 Fw 190s fit together extremely well. A lot of modelers struggle with them. Rightfully so; they are not easy. The slippery slope of the frustrating build starts with the wing spar/landing gear bays. Check out Info Eduard issues which focus on the 190. 

Aaron

PFlint and jester,

I had to get into a proper frame of mind to regain my patience, and it seems to be paying off.

By working on one problem area at a time, this kit and I are falling into a groove.

Leading edges have cleaned up.  The fuselage did indeed click nicely into the wing.  I "wedged" the engine into the cowling rather than hoping it would line up with the ill-fitting firewall (my fault).

A little more putty here and there and I'll be painting long before I ever thought I'd be.

A little patience and brainpower and this kit just got fun and enjoyable again.:yahoo:

Ken