I've been an enamel user for 40 years, this is my first time using acrylics. Doing the Kinetic T-45, I laid down a base coat of Tamiya Surface Primer to prime and use as the basic white in the paint scheme. Mr. Paint for the Orange and Vallejo Model Color for brushing stuff.  The Tamiya and Mr. Paint worked great, the Vallejo has been a disaster.

Does this s*** dry? Yesterday (18 hours ago) I brushed some Vallejo Red with a drop of Retarder on a the crush zones (slats and flaps wells). Today I went to lightly sand off the Vallejo in some spots that where I was a little sloppy and followed up with with scubbing the dust out of the panel lines with a toothbrush and tap water. Here's where I had problems. The Vallejo is dissolving in water. Now instead of a white Navy trainer, I have a pink mess from the Vallejo dissolving and running everywhere. 

I guess this is normal for water based acrylics. Had the same problems when I switched over from enamels to Vallejo a couple of years ago. Also I noticed if you brush on Vallejo paints, they take forever to dry.

But on the other hand, I've had enamels that didn't cure for two weeks.

I follow a simple rule: If I can still smell the paint with the model close to my nose, it has not yet cured fully. And never use the main solvent of the paint to remove any dust.

Edited by Lancer512