UH-1Y Venom rotor coating?

So I'm doing a UH-1Y and I've noticed what looks like some type of protective coating? on the leading edge of the main rotor blades, only thing is trying to figure out approximately what color it is...I've been looking for photos and can see the coating on the bottom, but is it the same on the top of the rotor?  

Any suggestions?

Dan

Here's one, the problem is I can't tell if its just a continuation of the paint on the top of the rotor, or a separate coating, and if someone knows the answer if its a separate coating just an approximate color of it, like a darker grey, or light brownish (think Tamiya Buff).  

Bell_UH-1Y_Venom_167998_053_zpsj8t72bzo.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 6:13 AM, rotorwash said:

From someone who works at Bell.  "Tape for sand corrosion...turns from clear to slightly opaque and there is the factory leading edge protection which is light grey."  Hope that helps.

Ray

Ray beat me to it. Tape is also found on the leading edges of modern fixed wing birds, might be a diff P?N due to speed difference. Made by 3M by the way, good stuff. Turns a bit opaque and yellowish with atmospheric exposure over time. The F-16s had it on the hort stabs, forgot bout the wings though. F-5s had it on both.

I was able to find a photo of the top of the rotor (slightly blurred) but it does appear to be a darker color than the Light Ghost Grey, as someone mentioned here its an opaque coating and understandably would get pretty dirty from use and probably causes the underlying paint to appear a darker shade as such, I decided to wing it (I suppose rotor t? is more appropriate) that one was REALLY bad I know, and just used Dark Gull Grey which looked good enough for me.  Thanks for all the help though everyone!

Dan