RA-5C decals in the future?

Hi Dave,

I like the Vigilante and it's long been a favorite airplane of mine. That said, I think it was thoroughly covered as a 1/48 decal subject when the Trumpeter kit made its eventful appearance a long time back. I have not scoped out the market since then. If there is a chance to do new markings in both 1/48 and 1/72, I am open to your suggestions.

Edited by KursadA

There is not much in 1/72 scale at all. You can still get some Micro scale sheets with some less than exciting markings on them. I know that Zotz put out a nice sheet several years back, but you will have better luck finding a unicorn than that sheet. Victory Productions put out a great sheet in 1/48 but never in 1/72. The markings I have been after and waiting on in 1/72 are for RVAH-7. They had a couple with a black tail, a large white star with the AA tail code I have always liked (BuNo's 156625 and 156618), one is on the Victory sheet. I have always wanted to build the RVAH-6 camo scheme(BuNO 149313) and RVAH-11 SEA camo scheme (BuNo 147858 and 145157). I don't know what the demand for a Vigi sheet would be like now, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. I may have to go the custom decal route and have the markings made that way.

Dave Fassett 

Microscale covered RVAH-7 on sheets 72-094, 72-528 & 72-858.

72-528 also covered RVAH-6 and 72-861 covered RVAH-11 but I don't know if either are the SEA camo scheme.

Hey Habu, I have looked at those sheets but none of them have the markings for this one,(look at photo number 11)  or this one. The SEA camo and the two tone green scheme can more than likely be cobbled together with various sheets, and some custom markings.

Dave Fassett

Edited by Bulldog 09