RCAF Decals-Getting scarce once again?

8 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

Colin 

yes 2016, 2017 please send me info

Hi Raymond

First of all thank you for looking at this thread. Much appreciated. I can send you higher quality of the pictures I posted above as those are resized for posting here. I think the originals are in the 4 Mb range.

Edited by skyhawk174
On 2017-03-30 at 7:28 PM, seafuryfb said:

The aswer in yes David Winter is the  man behind Canuck decals,  Dave Koss is the man behind Leading Edge decals. And my memory these days gets the better of me about the licensing agreements and David did mention it. As far as color birds go as in decal sales it depended on the color scheme of which one  sold more , that's what I remember from when Rick sold them at Uncle Bill's Hobby.  They also would sell better at the time the demo is flying. 

I know all these people well, including Jim Belliveau. Who I thought had retired although he is still involved with the Hornet paintjobs.

David Winter had stated to me last year he wasn't planning on producing decals on his own as he had enough interested parties now paying him to produce decals. I know one was Kitty Hawk and IPMS Canada was another.

Edited by Scooby
On 3/26/2017 at 11:29 PM, Slo-pine said:

...what decals would everyone like to see? What hasn't been done recently?

On 3/26/2017 at 11:52 PM, Colin K said:

More natural metal RCAF Sabres would be cool...

Maintenance stencils for Sabres.  Leading Edge Models did a great set of stencils for the CL-13 / F-86 Sabres.  They are as hard to find as hen's teeth.  They're much better than Hasegawa's kit supplied stencils.  I know that Hobbydecal makes dry transfers for a multitude of aircraft but those have to be positioned perfectly because once you start burnishing, you're committed.  At least with waterslide decals, there's some room for error and adjustment.

On 4/1/2017 at 11:17 PM, Scooby said:

David Winter had stated to me last year he wasn't planning on producing decals on his own as he had enough interested parties now paying him to produce decals. I know one was Kitty Hawk and IPMS Canada was another.

Disappointing, but understandable I suppose.

On 4/1/2017 at 11:17 PM, Scooby said:

Well the IPMS Canada work will only be one sheet every couple of years so not a great deal of money from that.