Its......The Enterprise. NCC-1701 in 1/350 scale

At last I found what I needed to make the REAL star of Star Trek. The TOS 1/350 50th anniversary version of Captain Kirks ship.

DSC_0125.jpg

Hope to start sometime this week or next weekend.

And yes, it will be lit up.

This.......

DSC_0127.jpg

....took several hours over a couple days. They light up and THEY TURN!!!! Just like on the TV show. Had to study the instructions several times and watch a Youtube video before I made the attempt. I figure this was the hardest part to get to work. And it does!!

Oh and Thanks!  The shuttle decals are on but drying. Actually looks good. Not sure why they give full decals for two shuttles but only one plastic piece. 

Oh Yeah baby!!!

The hull lights work surprisingly well. Nice and simple and freaking bright!!! Hope to install before the hockey game tonight.

DSC_0129.jpg

Right , so the dull nav lights (green and red blinkers). Took them off, drilled the intake holes bigger to give off more light. Then used clear bubbles with a light coat of Tamiya clear paint to give the right effect. MUCH brighter.

The secondary hull is now together and working. A small amount of putty was required over the shuttle bay and is now drying till my next day off. I figure if the lights were not there it would have fit better, But it was not that big of a gap. Certainly fixable. The main power board is installed. Just have to hook the two wires from the primary hull circuit board to the secondary hull circuit board. The buzzard collector engines make a bit of noise and I might correct that with foam in the nacelles if I can find a suitable product. I figure without installation the buzzards once installed might act like a noise amplifier.

DSC_0011_4.jpg

Looking great.  Once you got the lights sorted out, it really started to come together quickly.   The lights really give the model life.

Hopefully it is not too long before you have some more time to work on it.

Thanks Kurt, yep long shift today. Just checked the model. Still works as advertised. These Star Trek models do not take much time to build, but THIS one will need a couple more bottles of paint for good coverage.

Sanding done. This took around 4 episodes of TOS to watch. Nice use of time. But I think I sanded off the fingerprints on my right hand.

DSC_0008_5.jpg

Overall, there was not THAT much blatantly requiring sanding. Except the warp engines. Those had huge trenches in the joins that had to go.

Major colour touch up complete. Cover the putty joins and other issues like the paint not being thick enough to cover light leakage. The plastic is plenty thick in most areas but thin in the upper part of the secondary hull.

DSC_0009_3.jpg

Have to do some touch ups on the shuttle bay. The kit let too much light show through. Its just black tape in there right now till I can figure something better out. Of course more paint on the landing light area to come.

DSC_0015_2.jpg